You're gonna need my approval.

Jake's POV

The bell finally rang and I was about to leave the cafteria when I overheard Mark and Mia.

"Hey, Mia. Do you want to have dinner tomorrow night? We have a lot of catching up to do."

"What sort of catching up? I've told you everything there was to know." 

"Well, we'll start with how the girls ended up with their current boyfriends." 

"Oh, yeah ok."

"Great, we'll go to Ilanto."

I left the cafeteria as an evil plan came to my mind.

He can't have my girl.

***Night of the dinner***

I wore my signature black shirt and let my hair stay messy and rough. I sprayed body spray all over my shirt and stared at my reflection for a while.

Should I ruin her dinner? Yes! Wait....no!

My mind flooded with uncertain thoughts but I brushed all of them away and drove to Ilanto.

Mia's POV

I wore my gold dress and curled my hair. I did light make up, put on my favorite perfume and wore high heels.  After getting ready, I walked down the staircase as mom scanned me.

"What?" I asked her and she smiled.

"I was just admiring those beautiful shoes." She said jokingly and I rolled my eyes.

"My baby looks gorgeous. Now go away, I've got work to do!" She added and I opened the front door to find Mark outside.

"Hey, I decided to pick you up myself." He said and I nodded my head while smiling.

"Whoa, you look hot!" He added.

"Thanks!" I replied while getting in the car.

"Ok, so start with Rachel's story." He said as we were on our way to Ilanto.

"Uh, well there's nothing much, we were at Mona's sweet 16 and Nate asked her out, she said yes." I stated.

"Mona? You mean the whore Mona?" He asked and I nodded.

"Ok, what about Rebecca?"

"Well, she wasn't really into Mike but Mike was crazy about her and tried every possible way to get her attention. You know how she's into tall, hot basketball players?"

"Yeah..."

"Well Mike somehow found out and joined the team, this attracted Rebecca and they started talking. After a couple of months they got together, they've been together for 6 months now!" I explained.

"She's always been lucky with relationships. It's Rachel I'm worried about, but Nate seemed like her type." He added.

"Rachel wasn't ready to get into any relationship after John but she always liked Nate. She seems happy with him though." I said.

"John was such a dick!" Mark said with pure hatred.

"I know right! Who makes out with three other girls at a party that you're attending with your own girlfriend? But I wasn't surprised, John was always a playboy!" I said and remembered how poor Rachel was crying her eyes out after the party.

Mark let out a little laugh. "But that punch was pretty sweet!"

I laughed hard at the memory. Rebecca and I went to John after Rachel broke up with him, we just wanted to have a pretty little word with him but Rebecca ended up dragging him by his shirts collar and I ended up punching him while Mark just stood there laughing.

We finally reached the restaurant and sat at a table. I was going through the menu when I caught Mark staring at me.

"Do you have a bandage?" He suddenly asked.

"No, why?" I asked confused.

"I just scraped my knee falling for you." He said and I couldn't help smiling.

"What's up guys? Fancy meeting you here!" Jake came out of nowhere and sat next to me. I glared at him but he gave me his signature smirk.

"Excuse us for a moment." I said to Mark and dragged Jake to a corner.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed and he laughed.

"Chill, Kitty. If you're gonna make blondie over there your boyfriend, you're gonna need my approval." He stated and walked back to the table. I followed him and took my seat. The waiter came to take our order. Mark and I ordered but when Jake's turn came I spoke up.

"You don't have to take his order, he'll be leaving soon." I said and gave him a stern look but by the look on his face, it was clear he would be staying.

"Oh, I won't be leaving anytime soon, so why don't you get me an Italian stake with French fries and....anything that has bacon on it." He said and the waiter went away.

"So, Mark, you know the pickup line you just used, it's too mainstream. Let me give you a better one." He looked straight into my eyes.

"If loving you would be illegal, I would gladly spend the rest of my life in prison." He said in his extremely sexy voice but I rolled my eyes and looked away while trying hard not to blush.

Mark and I exchanged 'what the fuck' looks and decided to change the topic.

"What happened with Tyler?" Mark asked and I told him the whole story about how he tried to ruin my life a couple of times even after the break up.

"So, Mark, make sure you get her a precious rock, she isn't gonna be easily impressed. If you're not big there you gotta be big somewhere else, you know what I'm saying?" Jake added and my mouth fell to the floor.

That's it, Anderson! You've done enough!

I dragged him again, but this time out of the restaurant.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I yelled at him as he laughed his head off.

"I'm serious! For a moment, I actually think that you're a normal person and worth liking but you just have to mess up and make me hate you, don't you!" I yelled louder and that made him control his laughter.

"It's not my fault I fell in love, you are the one who tripped me." He answered and I found that more than just a pickup line. I gave him my 'I don't know what you're talking about' look.

"I love you Mia," He said and my blood began to boil.

 HEY GUYS!!!! OMG I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT YOUR FEEDBACK THIS TIME SO PLEASE DO COMMENT!!!

LOVE YOU GUYS AND STAY BEAUTIFUL!

~V

P.s I just wanted to thank my biggest supporter and bestfriend: WiggleMeHigh!! Thank you so much for helping me in my writers block days bae!! ;) Plus, thank you for commenting on every chapter of mine and encouraging me to keep going <3

Please do read her book "Cardiac Chemistry". Her book is actually better than "Paralyzed Heart" and worth all your support!