I don't like the way he looks at you!

(NOT EDITED)

Jake's POV 

Mia got perfectly fine by Christmas Eve, no heavy head and no more body aches! Our moms got back Christmas morning and we didn’t tell them about the accident. They didn’t notice because Mia took off her bandage and her stitches got hidden by her hair, plus she looked exceptionally hot so it was hard to tell that she actually got hit by a car. Christmas was fun; we spent the whole day together with Nate, Mike, Rachel and Rebecca.  We exchanged our presents and went to Rebecca’s Christmas dinner which was amazing!

 **********************************

I got up a few minutes later my alarm rang; I was in no mood to go to school! Our winter break ended two weeks after Christmas but for me the holidays weren’t enough! After jumping out of bed I went to the bathroom and splashed my face with cold water to wake myself up and it worked. I came out and changed into a plain white shirt and threw my black jacket on top. I didn’t bother to fix my messy hair and sprayed body spray all over myself. I walked down the staircase and left the house without having breakfast, I didn’t feel like eating.

I drove to school in the car Mia had got me and parked it in the usual place. I grabbed my bag and entered the building. The hallway wasn’t crowded like it usually is and I spotted a few cheerleaders on my way. I smirked at them and they went crazy, like literally. I noticed Mia near her locker with her gorgeous eyes glued to the screen of her phone. I was about to go to her but Mark got there before me and I halted in my tracks. They hugged and that made my fists clench, he just held my world! They talked about something and laughed. There was something about the way he looked at Mia that really disturbed me! His eyes made it clear that he liked Mia and I wondered if she noticed it or not. After a while he left and I went up to her. After giving her a quick kiss I said,

“How’s my princess?”

“I’m good, what about you?”

“My day just got a whole lot better!” I said and looked straight into her eyes which made her blush and look away. She looks so cute when she blushes!

“You free tonight?” I asked and thought of taking her for skating.

Her expression darkened as she said,” No I’m not, I have a ‘make up’ dinner with Mark today.”

“Why?” I asked but I wasn’t jealous. Ok maybe I was…….a little.

“Remember that dinner you ruined? I have to make up for that now!” she said and ruffled my hair.

 “Oh ok” I replied, not making eye contact.

"But I'm free tomorrow." She said while placing my hands around her waist and moving cloer to me. I smiled and nodded before hugging her. 

Mia's POV

School ended quicker than I thought it would and I drove back home. Mark mentioned that we wouldn’t be going to any formal place so I dressed accordingly. I wore a black shirt with a white coat on top. After wearing boots I applied red lip gloss and mascara and went downstairs. I waited for Mark and the doorbell finally rang. I answered the door and we left. We drove to my favorite coffee shop and the drive was awkwardly silent. Mark seemed nervous and I had no idea why. We finally reached the place and ordered our food. I thanked god when we started talking!

“I can’t believe you did that!” Mark exclaimed when I told him about how the group and I ruined my dad’s wedding.

“It was hilarious!” I said

“Do you really love him?” Mark suddenly asked and my smile faded.

“Jake? Duh he’s my boyfriend!” I said and let out a little laugh but Mark looked hurt and depressed!