Chapter 3

Emily-

Unfortunately in Mr.Dosling's class we had assigned seats. I was surrounded by kids that seemed stuck up. I slipped one of my headphones in just to make myself more comfortable.

Mr. D. didn't seem like a people person. When he spoke it seemed like he was reading from a paper someone told him to memorize. His voice was kept at a consistent monotone level. "You'll need to take out a sheet of paper but before you do that go ahead and take out your summer assignment.

I sighed beginning to rummage through my backpack. Eventually I found my plain black speckled composition book and turned to my assignment. When I looked inside I was confused. It was filled with a bunch of notes I don't remember taking. Then I realized what the only logical explanation was. I must've picked up his notebook and he took mine.

That's nice he's not even in his classroom for me to go get it.

But, if this is his planning book he should figure out what happened soon.

" Emily." The monotone voice that could put me to sleep called. I snapped out of thought and looked at my teacher innocently.

"Your assignment." The teacher continued. He tapped his foot impatiently.

"I accidently took someone else's book and they have mine." I explained honestly.

"Go get it."

"I can't he's not in his classroom."

"You took a teachers planning book?" He scoffed.

"Seriously it was an accident if anything it was his fault." I huffed getting frustrated with him.

There was a knock at the door interrupting our pointless conversation. I mentally thanked the person starting the assignment he gave us. The prompt was "Who Are You?" I sat and thought long and hard about this. As simple as the question was it needed a complex answer.

"Emily, step outside real quick." Mr. Dosling said quietly. I rolled my eyes getting out of my chair and exiting the door. I did the best I could to suppress my smile.

There he was smiling sheepishly trying to act professional. "Was this an accident Mr. Desario?" Was he still on about this good god its a freaking 29¢ comp book. Geez.

You would've thought it was a homicide investigation. That's how serious this guy was. "Yes it was." Jake replied blandly seeming just as annoyed I was. There was a bunch of noise coming from the classroom so thankfully Mr. D. went back inside. "Good god you would've thought I killed a man." I commented about this over exaggerated  incident. Jake chuckled showing off his perfect smile that made me smile.

"You know if your looking for an excuse to talk to me, yo can just do it. You don't have to steal my planner book." He whispered next to me. I blushed slightly. Was that considered flirting.

"Same here." I smirked swapping back the notebooks.