Chapter 15

Jake-

I was trying to look for Emily to apologize. Sadly, I didn't find her. Although I did find her friend that she was with. He approached me, "I dont know what you said, but you need to fix it." He said and with that he left.

I started checking the rooms and found her in the once we were talking in before.

"Em, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. It wasn't my intention I swear-" I tried to explain myself.

"It's not that. Well it is, but only because I- God, I'm so stupid" She smiled humorlessly. "I have a stupid school girl crush on you and I feel bad about it." She confessed.

I raised my eyebrows taken back by her words. I thought I had overstepped and made her uncomfortable but then to find out she felt the same way about me was incredible. Then I realized that I hadn't said anything and leaned in cupping her cheeks and kissing her. It was slow and passionate. I wanted her to know how much affection I had for her through this kiss, and if she was feeling even a fraction of what I was then I accomplished just that.

I pulled back caressing her face. Running my thumb over the cut on her cheek. I pulled her closer to me and kissed her forehead. "I think we both know how I feel." I smiled winking at her. I watched as her face turned into a scarlette hue, but it was the cutest thing I had seen in a while.

"Take my number. You call, I'm there. I hate seeing you hurt. But I will do anything to protect you from now on." She nodded smiling widely. I could feel my heart fluttering just standing there being all cheesy with her. Honestly though, it was amazing.

"Okay," She whispered.

"I'll see you later?" I asked.

"Of course." She answered. I left the room returning to the living room with the biggest smile on my face. I watched as she headed back to the pool with Tom.

A/N: dont judge it just yet. Its not going to rainbows and butterflies. And she is not just going to run into his arms. At least not without thinking it over.