CHAPTER 28

CHAPTER 28: DEJA VU

MITCHELL SIGHED, SITTING DOWN ACROSS FROM REID AFTER INFORMING HEATHER'S PARENTS WHAT HAD HAPPENED TO THEIR DAUGHTER.

It was hard. To tell someone that their child was not coming home. But at least they had some closure.

She wanted to be out there. Helping catch the Unsub. To bring peace to that family.

"It's okay. I didn't pass my gun certification the first time around either. Or the second." Spencer commented.

Mitchell smiled at him, "It's not that I didn't pass. I'm just not allowed to have a gun until Hotch gives the board an okay."

Spencer stared at her for a moment, "What do you mean?"

"The FBI haven't forgotten the stunt I pulled in Fredericksburg." Mitchell told Spencer, leaning back in her seat,

Spencer smirked at her, "Well, if it makes you feel better, the FBI had to make special authorisation for me to be in the field since I've failed all my physical tests."

Mitchell let out a small laugh, "Yeah, that does make me feel better."

It wasn't long before they got the call. JJ and Morgan had caught Wallace Hines. Soon they were all packing up and heading towards the jet to go home.

Mitchell sat next to the window, Spencer next to her reading his second book of the flight while Morgan and JJ sat across from her. 

They were quiet. Which wasn't quite like them.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Blake asked from across the aisle, "For two people who made a big arrest, you look pretty unsettled."

JJ and Derek glanced at each other, "Something was off about Wallace. The restaurant shooting was so chaotic and disorganized."

"Yeah, it was." Derek agreed, "But when we arrested him... He was controlled. He was together."

 "Well, Richard Farley was like that after his rampage." Rossi commented,

 "Yeah, so was Edward Tallaway." Blake agreed,

"Everyone has a different reaction to being caught. You guys did good." Spencer stated,

A cell phone rang and Hotch answered it, "Hotchner. Yes. I'm sorry?" Everyone looked back at him, "Thank you." Hotch hung up and addressed the team, "We got the wrong guy."

"What?"

"The fingerprints at the restaurant don't match." Hotch stated,

"Hotch, how is that possible?" Derek asked,

"We've dealt with hit before." He glanced over at Mitchell and they held eye contact before Mitchell sighed and leaned her head back,

Her heart dropped into her stomach. Just her luck. Her first case and she had to deal with a serial killer twin.

"What? What is it?" JJ asked,

"Six years ago you guys had a similar case." Mitchell stated before sitting back up and looking at the team, "Twins."