CHAPTER 09

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

CHAPTER 09: HIGH SUSPICIONS

MITCHELL DECIDED TO GO TO SCHOOL THE NEXT DAY.

She immediately regretted that decision. Everyone was whispering and staring at her. She knows why.

They think she did something to Rachel.

"She was the last person to see her."

"Do you think she did it?"

"She must have some serious anger issues."

Mitchell gripped her back pack tighter. She wanted to yell at them, tell them she had nothing to do with Rachel's death.

She stopped at her locker, feeling empty. Rachel would usually join her by now. Mitchell had to blink away the tears as she opened the locker door.

"Hey, Mitch." Daniel stood next to her, "Can we talk-"

"You gonna break up with me cause you think I murdered Rachel?" Mitchell asked,

"What?" Daniel shook his head, "No, look the FBI are here and they're asking around about you."

"I know." Mitchell shut her locker door, "They stopped by my house yesterday."

"And?"

"I had an argument with Rachel, so what? Doesn't mean I killed her." Mitchell snapped and began walking towards her first class, "What are the FBI asking about?"

"Just general things about you. They pulled me out yesterday during calculus. Asked if I knew the other victims or if you were connected to them. Or if you and Rachel have fought before. Your general behaviour... things like that."

Mitchell shook her head, "They're gonna pin this on me. I don't even know who the other victims are. Haven't seen them before they were on the news."

"I believe you, babe, but it all seems a bit weird. Like... why Rachel? And why is all the attention on you?" Daniel questioned,

"Because I was the only one with a reason to hurt her." Mitchell stated,

"Nah. Like, no offence to Rachel, but she wasn't the nicest person in school. She was mean to people who weren't popular. Everyone knows that. A lot of people have a vendetta against her." Daniel said,

"But I was the only one who had an argument with her ten minutes before she was killed." Mitchell replied. She sighed, looking around at everyone who was still staring at her, "Look, we'll talk about this later. When there isn't anyone around."

Daniel nodded, "Later, babe. Everything is going to be fine."

But that was the thing.

Everything was not fine. It was the opposite.

In the next 24 hours, Mitchell Diaz' life was going to turn upside down.

Rachel's death was only the beginning.