BLEEDING - 15

"Where–where's he ?" Sam asked, his voice stoic as always, but inside his heart was thumping at an increasingly rapid pace and his brain was firing out negative thoughts like a sentry gun.

"At the campus." Damon replied.

"I am on my way." Just as he opened the car door, his mind reminded him of her and he dashed back towards the house. She was sitting silently infront of the television, flipping through the channels with a bored expression on her face.

"You have to come with me." He stated.

"Where to ?" Politely, she asked as she stood up.

"I don't have fu**ing time to explain everything to you, just come with me." He voiced, louder this time and pulled her with him, grabbing her wrist. 

"Get in." He ordered. Meekly, she nodded and seated herself inside the car. He revved off the engine, and drove off.

As the car engine sung to the lone tracks, instead of relishing the beautiful landscape and gentle spring breeze, tousling her hair, she focused on him. He always hid his emotions so perfectly, that one would suspect their presence, but in that moment, it was as if his emotions; worry and fear, were overwhelming him, like the powerful waves of the sea, they were trying to carry him away with them. 

"Is–is everything okay ?" Chloe empathized. Holding the steering in a tight grip,"Yes." He replied. She let out a slow controlled sigh and gazed outside at the passing trees and tiny creatures, the sparkle they always had seemed to have extinguished, as if the beautiful colours they held had drained out and absorbed by the tarmac path, laying beneath. The nurturing breeze turned into a howling wind. In an instant, the surrounding she adored felt dull and lifeless.

Soon, they reached at a campus, encircled by a cluster of four high buildings, seemingly ancient and haunting.

"Don't move an inch from here, or you'll be dead before you'll know." Sternly, he stated and got out. The fear travelled in her veins but she never let it make it to her facial muscles.

"Please don't leave me here–alone." She mumbled, looking at his retreating figure."Don't come out and you'll be fine." Sam replied.

"Okay." Softly, she whispered.

Sam rushed towards one of the buildings and pushed open the glass door. His gaze swivelled over the corridor, looking for Markus or Damon. He sped down the slate gray tiles, passing the bland walls on his way and turned right. There he saw Markus sitting on a stretcher.

Sam observed him, and saw a gauze wrapped around his forehead, and another, around his right arm, supporting his lower abdomen. Congealed blood stains were still visible through them. Sam sighed, as if a great part of weight had been lifted up from his shoulders.

"I didn't expect to see you alive." Sam voiced, walking into his sight. As a response, Markus raised his middle finger without even glancing at him. Sitting next to him, Sam stared up at the ceiling.

"That fu**er–" He grimaced, adjusting himself in place."–ruined my handsome face."

"So, after all this, all you care about is your handsome face." Damon sighed in annoyance, coming into their view.

"Father" Sam greeted him. He nodded in acknowledgement and turned to Markus.

"But I care about more than that.
How did this happen ?" He asked him. In an instant, his ( Markus ) face contorted with animosity.

BEFORE ATTACK
MARKUS AND ERIC RETURNING FROM THE HARBOR.

Markus was driving along the lane, filled with steel and tires. He was feeling so relaxed, in days it was the one thing that had happened right.