chapter viii

Amanda took a few seconds to try and digest the scene that was in front of her. She stood there in disbelief. She rubbed her eyes trying to find out if what she was seeing was really there. She sighed and looked at Daniel, with sadness in her eyes.

"Get out," she said, under her breath but loud enough for both of them to hear.

"What?" Daniel's lover made a move to stand up and get her clothes off the floor but he pulled her back down. "Sit down Lisa."

"I think I should go." Lisa said, trying her best to leave the room before she was caught in the middle of something that she did not want to be caught in.

"You think?" Amanda said sarcastically, looking her up and down. Lisa stood up with the sheets around her and she walked out of their room, picking up her trail of clothes along the way. She hurriedly got dressed.

Daniel grabbed a pair of shorts followed her out of the room and down the stairs of their penthouse. Amanda slowly trailed behind them. When Lisa reached the door, she turned around and looked at Daniel. She looked at him with disgust before opening the door and trying to walk out.

Daniel, who knew that Amanda was following him, wanted her to feel what he had felt earlier on. So he pulled Lisa in and bent down to give her a kiss. He kissed her on the cheek, but he knew to Amanda who was standing behind him, it would look like he had kissed her on the lips.

"Goodnight sexy," He said behind her.

He stood at the door and waited for her to get to the elevator before he turned back into the house. He saw Amanda standing behind him. He rolled his eyes and slid past her.

"Really Daniel?" Amanda asked, following closely behind his trail.

"What do you want?" Daniel asked, waking into their bedroom. He flopped on their bed and picked up his phone from their bedside table. He scrolled through it, doing nothing in particular.

"Is that all you're going to say. What do I want?" Amanda asked, scoffing in disbelief.

"What do you want me to say? I am sorry? If it's an apology you want, you will not get it here." Daniel said.

He got up from the bed and walked towards the door but Amanda closed it before he could leave and stood in front of it.

"How could you Daniel?"

Daniel was getting angrier by the second.

"Move Amanda." He said. He took a deep breath in to contain his anger. Amanda folded her arms over her chest, standing her ground. She was adamant on having the conversation whether he wanted to or not. "Amanda, I will not ask you again. Move."

"Why? So you can go and run after that slu-"

Daniel hand went around Amanda throat. He tightened his grip around her neck, slightly lifting her up from the floor.

"You're the slut Amanda, not Lisa. At least she isn't sleeping with two brothers." Amanda tried kicking and scratching for Daniel to let her go, but he was too strong.

"D-d-dani...I-i can-n-nt brea-eathe..." Amanda struggled as his grip around her neck got tighter and tighter "Dan-iel plea-ease," she begged.

"You're mine Amanda. Not Nicolas', mine. You better act like it." He said letting go of her neck while she tumbled to the ground. Her hand quickly went around her throat. She rubbed her neck while she coughed hysterically.

"Move." Daniel said with finality.

Amanda crawled out of Daniel's way. She crawled far enough so that he could open the door without hurting her further. She heard a door slam in the distance and she knew that Daniel had left.