chapter vii

"Are you okay?" Amanda rushed you Nicolas' side, helping him to a bench by the wall they were standing at. She helped him sit down as he groaned in pain with every movement.

"Where did you learn to kick like that?" He asked, his groin still in pain from the one kick she sent his way.

"YouTube." Amanda replied and simply shrugged her shoulders. "Seriously Nic, are you okay?" She asked, feeling guilty for having kicked him that hard.

"I'll be fine. Anyway I'm sorry if I scared you, I just wanted to talk to you."

Amanda waved him off. "I'm here now. I probably will not leave until I stop feeling guilty so what do you want to talk about?" She looked at him in his eyes. Although they were in the dark, she still saw his forest green eyes perfectly.

"How are you?" Nicolas noticed Amanda frown in the split second that the frown was on her face. Had he not been paying attention, he would have missed it completely.

"I'm fine thanks. How are you?"

"Sine." Nicolas said, his voice deeper and more stern than it had been just seconds ago.

"Nicolas, I'm fine." She smiled a fake smile to prove her point, "see?" She pointed at her smile.

"Sinethemba, I demand you tell me what is wrong."

Amanda got up. "You have no right to 'demand' anything from me." She scoffed and turned to leave.

"Okay I'm sorry. Just please, stay?" Nicolas asked while grabbing her arm.

Amanda sighed and sat back down on the bench.

"Fine, but one more demand and I'm leaving." She said. Nicolas quickly nodded. He was eager for her to stay and at that point he would have done anything to keep her next to him.

The two continued conversation like Amanda had not been angry with him for the past few days. If it was not for the guilty conscious she would have fled the second she noticed that it was him.

"I missed you so much Sine." Nicolas told her when they had been laughing at an inside joke they had years ago.

"As much as I hate to admit it, I missed you too." Amanda said.

A comfortable silence fell between them. They just stared at each other. Amanda shifted her gaze to his lips and back into his eyes. She shook her head as if she was telling herself no.

She began to do get up, but Nicolas pulled her closer to him, keeping his hand firm on her waist. This turn it was Nicolas' turn to shift his gaze. He looked at her lips, his eyes lingering there for a few seconds, and back in her eyes.

Nicolas began to lean in. Amanda tried to lean away, but Nicolas kept his grip on her waist firm, making it almost impossible for her to move away from him.

His lips were only seconds away from hers when he stopped leaning in. Amanda was disappointed a little bit, because she had wondered what it would have been like to kiss him after all those years.

"Sorry. I should not have done that." Nicolas said, getting up. "I'll be in the hall."

In those few seconds, Amanda told herself that she was not going to let him go, at least not tonight.

She walked up to him and pushed him against the wall, roughly pulling him down for a kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck to keep him in that position.

Nicolas turned around so that she was against the wall. He kissed her back as hard as she was kissing him. He ran his tongue along her bottom lip. When she gasped, he inserted his tongue in her mouth.