chapter x

It had been a few days since Aleja was admitted into hospital. She had been kept in for four days and today she was getting discharged.

I got up from the small couch in the room that she was in when I saw her wake up. She struggled to get off the bed because of her stitches. I rushed to her side and helped her get off the bed.

She told me that she wanted to take a shower so I helped her to the bathroom and I helped her get into the bathtub before opening the shower water for her.

I hadn't had a shower in days because I was worried about Aleja. She had been having moments where she thought our son was alive and that he was crying. The other day when it happened and I told her that she was hallucinating, she yelled at me that I did not love him which is why I don't care that my son was in pain.

I sighed and I sat down on the toilet seat and I waited for her to finish bathing.

After a while the water stopped running and she tried hopping out of the bathtub. Within a second I was right by her side, helping her out. She flinched with every step. I tried my best not to hurt her either. I would have picked her up but her whole torso was in pain. When we got back into the room, we found a wheelchair by her side of the bed. I mentally thanked the heavens for speeding up my journey.

I sat Aleja down on the bed. I rolled my sleeves and sighed, I pulled a bottle of lotion from her bag and began caressing her body from shoulder to toe. I helped her get dressed and put her on the wheelchair.

"We're on our way out." I messaged one of the drivers like he said I should so he could come and collect us. A second after I put my phone down, a notification rang through the air.

"Your father is already at the hospital. He said that he wants to fetch you guys from there." The message from the driver read. I rolled my eyes and messaged him back.

"Okay. Please get my bags from the room and put them in your car though. I am heading to the hotel immediately when I get there."

"Should I ask Mary to pack Mrs Alejandra's things too?" He asked.

"I do not know if my mother will allow her to come with me, but ask Mary and if my mother allows her to leave, I'll bring it to the car with me." I said, switching off my phone and putting it in my pocket.

I helped Aleja onto the wheelchair. As I was picking up her bags she offered to help me and I let her. She had been arguing with me over every little thing the past few days, so I was doing everything possible in my power to try and stop any arguments that seemed like they were coming my way.

I gave her one of the smaller bags to put on her lap and pushed her out of the room. She kept going on and on about how much she loved our son and how we left him behind. Along the way, I had to take a jersey and 'make a baby' out of it, just to appease her and her complaints.

She kept singing to the 'baby', mumbling motherly words to it.

When we got out of the hospital. I saw my dad rushing over to help us with the bags.

"Good day, Aleja." He looked down at her and then at me, "Nicolas."

"Hi dad." I said as he pulled one of the bags from my shoulder. He looked down at Aleja, immediately looking back up at me. "Just play along." I said, not wanting to hear what Aleja's response was going to be if he did not play along.

My dad sighed and looked back down at Aleja. "So, how had your week been?" He asked.

"It's been gr-" I was cut off by Aleja's quick interjection.