• Getting Ready •

Anne had fallen asleep . She was too stressed and just became so tired that Gilbert turned off the lights and went to his room. He felt terrible for Anne , something this bad shouldn't happen to good people.

|

Once the morning arrived Anne decided she would go and tell Miss Kayne herself. She felt terrible for doing this even , since it hadn't even been three months yet. But she had to.

|

Anne knocked on the door following with someone yelling " come in!" Anne took a deep breath and sat down on a chair right in front of Miss Kanye's desk.

"Anne! How lovely to see you. Is everything alright?" She asked with a worried expression. Anne shook her head and sighed .

"I just got a letter saying that I have to go back to my home. My mother is sick , she's been sick for a while now and I need to take care of her" Anne said with a tear running down her cheek from just thinking about it.

Miss Kayne at first just sat there staring at Anne , she felt upset for Anne .

"So are you saying that you're quitting?" She asked Anne with a confused face. Anne slowly nodded her head hoping that Miss Kayne wouldn't be upset with her. Miss Kayne stood up with a frown . She walked around her desk and placed her hand on Anne's shoulder.

"I suppose you can. Is there anyone you'd recommend for your job?" Miss Kayne said with a smile. Anne sat there thinking who it could be. Maybe Cole? But he wouldn't really like teaching. Then all of the sudden Anne had a huge smile on her face. She looked up to Miss Kayne and began to talk

|

"Gilbert!" Anne yelled letting him know that she was back. He was packing up some of her stuff seeing as she can't come back there. She'll most likely be in Avonlea until Marilla passes.

Anne opened the door and took off her hat . She was very tired and felt terrible for leaving her students like that. But she had to go back to Avonlea to make sure Marilla was doing alright.

She looked around and saw a lot of the stuff she had brought or bought in New York was all packed up in some suitcases. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at Gilbert who had just finished packing the last bag.

"Why is all my stuff packed up?" Anne Asked while she walked closer towards the bed where Gilbert was standing.

"I just thought that you'd rather stay in Avonlea and not want to come back here" he said hoping Anne wouldn't take it in a wrong way. As she sat down on her bed her confused expression turned into a small smile and hugged Gilbert.

"Thank you" she whispered so quietly Gilbert could barley hear it. He smiled back and got up seeing as it was almost lunch and he decided to make some .

"So who's replacing you?" Gilbert asked before making his way over to the kitchen. Anne chuckled and said "Miss Stacey"

Gilbert turned around with a very confused face. "But Miss Stacey's the one who gave you that job and she already has a job" Anne nodded her head .

"Yes , but she's a better teacher. She should explore the world . Not just in PEI" Anne sighed and laid down on her bed. With her head on her pillow she yawned while looking at Gilbert .

"I'll miss you" Anne said with a little smile. She crossed her arms with a small sigh while Gilbert was putting some toast on the fire.

"When is the train coming?" Anne Asked with a yawn. Gilbert looked over from cooking " I think tomorrow" he shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay , I guess that'll give me time to pack up everything else. I know that you packed up a lot of my stuff already but I still have some other stuff I need to pack" Anne smiled and turned on her side . Slowly shutting her eyes Gilbert looked over at Anne since she was really quiet . He tried not to laugh once he saw that she was sleeping.

|

Anne started to open her eyes not noticing that it wasn't bright out. She looked around and saw Gilbert sitting on a chair close by the door with the newspaper in his hand. She cleared her throat before standing up and walking over to him.

"What time is it?" Anne asked quietly still trying to wake up fully. He looked around for the small clock on Anne's wall. He squinted his eyes to see the hands .

"Around 5:00pm ish. Why?" Gilbert questioned as he slowly placed the newspaper on his lap and looked up at Anne waiting for her to answer. She just simply shrugged her shoulders and stood up from the arm of the chair.

"I'm starving" she said desperately. She hadn't had any thing to eat since 9:00 am . She looked around the kitchen for something to eat , while still looking she asked Gilbert if the toast he was making was still there. He replied with a 'Yes' which was good for Anne since she didn't feel like having anything else.

"Thanks for making it. Sorry that I fell asleep" Anne chuckled as she sat down on her bed with the toast in her mouth.

"It's no problem , I just sat here for a while reading the newspaper. There's some  pretty interesting stuff in here" Gilbert said while pointing at the paper. Anne nodded her head with a dorky smile.

"Well I best be off to my room. I'll let you pack up some of the stuff that you were telling me about" Gilbert smiled and walked over to anne who was still sitting on her bed. He kissed her cheek and gave her a small hug. As he made his way to the door he grabbed the newspaper since he wasn't done with reading it yet. There were some topics about some medicine that he found very cool.

"I love you!" Anne yelled out before Gilbert shut her door. " I love you too" Gilbert chuckled. He closed the door and made his way to his room.

Anne sat on her bed for a while , not ready for the next day. She sighed and laid down on her bed trying to think of what she needed to pack.

A/N
Sorry for updating so late. But I hope you liked this chapter , I knew that it's a little short but I promise the next one will be longer!!

❤️😁