• The fair •

It was midnight in Avonlea. Every family was sound asleep , the only sound was the crickets and the wind blowing the trees and grass.

"Oh my goodness , I didn't expect this. It's so sudden , my life has just got back to normal" Anne's face was happy .

"Anne , your life can't always stay the same. It needs change. I love you" Gilbert was down on his knee with a wedding ring , smiling widely waiting for Anne's reaction.

"I love you too!" Anne squealed and jumped into Gilbert arms. He held her there for what it felt like hours .

Then-

"Anne wake up! You're going to be late for the fair. It's already 8:00 and we're supposed to be there at 10:00" Marilla yelled from downstairs. Marilla has prepared a perfect cake for the fair , she was determined she would win.

Anne woke up with a little jump after hearing Marilla. She rushed out of bed and pulled on her favourite dress. She ran down the creaking staircase and sighed once she came at the end of the stairs.

"Good morning Marilla. I'm terribly sorry I was late. I was having the most amazing dream" Anne walked over to the kitchen to help Marilla with the cake. Anne smiled and grabbed some frosting.

"And what was it about?" Marilla had been wondering this for a while. Anne had been waking up late for a while now , and seemed very happy. She finally asked what is was about.

"Oh nothing. You know just the normal having the best day and no worries." Anne nodded her head trying to hide the fact that she dreamt of something else. She's been having the same dream for a while now.

"Okay , well once we're done frosting this cake you'll go get Matthew and Jerry to tell them we're ready." Marilla patted Anne's head and waited for Anne to reply with a 'yes marilla' .

"Oh and I was wondering if I could go around the fair with Gilbert. He's going with Bash , Mary and Delphine and they said we could" Anne had her hand folded together in a 'please' way. She had a hopeful face on .

Marilla scoffed and thought about it for a while. "Okay fine. But an hour and a half you'll be back. That's when the cake testing are starting and I want you there when I win!" Marilla sounded very excited about winning.

~

Over at the Blythe residence they were packing up too. "Blythe do you have everything?" Bash yelled from the downstairs living room. Gilbert was still asleep peacefully. But once bash yelled Gilbert shot right up and realized it was almost time to leave. He put on a suit and heading downstairs.

"You look nice. For Anne I suppose" Bash wiggles his eyebrows up and down and laughed. Mary walked in with Delphine on her back. She put her hand on bash's shoulder.

"Now now , don't tease Gilbert. I think it's nice that you're dressing up for her" Mary had always known Gilbert likes anne. Once they met and Gilbert started to talk about her she knew. You could say Mary was one of there main shippers , along side :

Bash
Diana
Cole

"Well , I want this to be a special day , Anne told me when we planned this that this is her first time going to a fair. So I wanted to make it even more fun for her" Gilbert started to ramble about what Anne and him were going to do . Bash didn't listen neither did mary , they were putting Delphine in her little carrier to take to the fair.

"Oh want me to make some breakfast?"Gilbert asked Mary , once he saw that the table was empty he had thought he missed breakfast. Mary face palmed and walked over to the cupboards.