•The Party•

Everyone had just finished setting up with the chairs and the stage. Anne and Diana decorated the stage with flowers and grass. Anne just couldn't wait until the next day. They'd been waiting for the 'hangout' day for ever . It seemed like forever for them.

"Oh Diana! I'm ever so excited! I can't believe in two days we'll be college girls. It seemed like just yesterday I had arrived to Avonlea" Anne smiled with excitement. Diana nodded with a small smile.

"Diana? Are you okay? You don't seem like your usual joyful self" Anne placed her hand on Diana's shoulder with a good smile. Diana took a deep breath.

"I'm just so scared! College sounds like a dream. Being free , making my own destiny! It's just , my whole life people have been making my decisions for me." Diana sighed and sat down on a chair that Ruby and Jane set up.

"Diana . For someone that has had to make all of their decisions by their self forever I can tell you sometimes it's hard but you'll like it . College is just the first step into your brand new life!" Anne smiled and made sure Diana was alright.

"Oh I had to ask you. Miss Stacy wanted to know where all the notes with the memories" Diana looked up and walked over to Cole with Anne.

"Cole. We need the notes" Diana smiled as Cole thought of where he put it. Someone started to talk and they turned around.

"Okay students. Once we get the notes I'll be reading them before the speeches. Diana , Cole do you know where they are?" Miss Stacy asked with a big smile.

"They're in my house. Don't worry I'll bring it on the day" Cole said loudly. Anne was looking around for Gilbert. He wasn't there setting up and she hoped he was okay.

~

Diana and Anne arrived at their spot where they had to leave to their houses.

"Diana. Would you know where Gilbert is? I noticed he wasn't there today and I hope he's okay. I tried to ask moody and Charlie but they weren't there either." Anne seemed worried. Diana and Charlie had been talking a day before. All three of them went to Charlottetown for a surprise for Anne.

So Diana had to play it cool and acted like she had no idea where they went. She just shrugged her shoulders and said " I have no idea. I didn't even notice. Maybe they just left early to get ready for the party we're having tomorrow?" Even though Diana knew it was a lie she thought it sounded pretty convincing.

"Oh okay. That just doesn't seem like Gilbert though" Anne crossed her arms and nodded her head.

"Well I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow" Diana waved her hand and started to walk to her house. Anne decided that she wasn't going to go to green gables. Instead she was going to Gilbert's house.

She knocked on the door and waited for it to open . She heard footsteps coming closer to the door . Mary opened the door with baby Delphine in her arms.

"Mary! Hello may I come in?" Anne smiled and waited for a response. Mary nodded her head and moved out of the way and welcomed Anne in.

"Oh thank you very much. I came to see Gilbert. I hadn't seen him at all today and I started to get worried" Anne found herself a seat beside the dining table. She watched as Mary placed Delphine on the chair and started to feed her some food. She smiled and laughed while Delphine wouldn't eat and Mary was about to give up. Then Bash came in and helped Mary with feeding Delphine.

"Hello Bash! I had a question. Is Gilbert here?" Anne asked with a smile . Bash looked at Mary with a concerned face. They knew Anne was smart but they hadn't thought that she'd notice that Gilbert wasn't there.