The Doctors

Chapter 62 - The Doctors

           ANNE HAD JUST woken up from a little nap. She had been tired lately but didn't know why. Gilbert told her the day before that he was going to visit Bash and Mary and asked if she wanted to come. Since she wasn't feeling that good she decided the nice thing to do was stay home, just in case she was actually sick.

With Gilbert gone Anne had the house to herself. She couldn't remember the last time she was home alone, well she could actually. Nate and Mr Dunlop we're still living in Green Gables and they were off to the meeting with Marilla and Matthew.

Anne got up out of bed feeling a little hungry. So she decided to go downstairs and make some food.

~

"I don't know, Anne been acting a bit weird for a few weeks now. I didn't think anything of it but she's been really sick" Gilbert explained to Bash . He went over to talk to Bash about Anne, he was really worried for her.

"Well I don't know! You're the doctor aren't you Blythe?" Bash laughed as Mary placed some tea in front him. "Thank you" he said before taking a sip.

"I mean yes but I had a question. That's why I came over here" Gilbert started. Bash nodded his head not sure what Gilbert was saying.

"Um, before Mary told you she was Uh pregnant-" he whispered . Bash's eyes went wide with excitement. Gilbert shook his head and spoke " I don't think she is I'm just saying that there's a possibility. So as I was saying before she told you what were the signs? Like morning sickness or-"

"Yes, also she was very cranky" he chuckled since Mary was in the room next to them.

"Okay well this helped a lot, I should be going. Just to make sure Anne's OK" Gilbert said in a sarcastic tone then went back to normal. Bash nodded his head with a smile.

~

"Anne! I'm home. I went into town and got you some cookies. I remember you told me they were your favourite-" he stopped once he walked in seeing Anne laying on the couch asleep. He smiled to himself and walked over to her.

He grabbed the blanket and pulled it over her and left two cookies on the coffee table in front of her. He decided to go outside and continue on the fence he was building. They'd been living in the house for almost 2 months now. Since it was December he wanted to hurry it up before it started snowing. From the noise - even though Gilbert was trying his best to be quiet - woke Anne up. With a headache she sat up and saw the cookies in front of her. She smiled and grabbed one before walked toward the back yard where Gilbert was.

He heard a knock on the door and looked up. Once he saw Anne he put down his tools and walked up to her.

"Feeling better?" He asked before kissing her. She shook her head and yawned. "What's hurting? Stomach , head?" He asked while shutting the door since it was pretty cold out.

"Um both and my legs are killing me! I just want to go to sleep but almost everytime I lay down I had to go to the bathroom!" Anne rambled. She turned to Gilbert and laughed. "Sorry, I know I'm rambling"

"You don't have to apologize, I love it when you ramble. Also I could take a look in my books to see what the symptoms are that you're having" Gilbert suggested. He picked up the other cookie and handed it to Anne. She smiled and kissed his cheek before taking a bite out of the second one.

"You know I could make something for us to eat." Gilbert said. Anne shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, I'm not that hungry" she laughed.

"You just had a cookie" he chuckled. "I know but I don't know, just not hungry." Gilbert nodded his head and kissed her again before telling her that he'd be outside building the fence. She nodded her head and sat on the couch with one of her books. It was a reread 'Pride and Prejudice'. She'd read that book whenever she wanted to.