• Pretty Little Liar •

It was a cool spring afternoon when Anne had planned to tell Gilbert about Alice.

They were meeting up at the story club . Anne didn't expect a certain someone to come along though.

"Gilbert!" Anne heard someone else's footsteps enter the story club. "Alice"

Anne thought of an excuse to leave . "I just remembered, Marilla wanted me to fetch the eggs. Silly me I forgot , talk to you later Gil" Anne saw Diana standing by a tree . She was supposed to help Anne if anything went wrong seeing that her leg is broken.

Diana grabbed Anne's arm and helped her walk back to green gables. They had a long conversation.

"Oh Diana , I thought it would've been just gil and I , but no! Alice had to come!" Anne scuffed and sat down on a tree stump for a rest.

"Well what did you say to leave?" Diana Asked while sitting on a tree stump right next to Anne's.

"I said that Marilla told me to fetch the eggs and I forgot" Diana laughed . "Anne , Gilbert's smart , he'll figure out that you're lying soon enough and that you aren't hanging out with him because Alice is there!" The two girls heard a crack and jumped their heads up.

It was none other than Gilbert Blythe.

"You haven't been hanging out out with me because of Alice?" Anne sat there in shock. She didn't move or say anything.

Diana noticed and pitched in for her.

"Yes . But you wouldn't understand" Gilbert crouched down next to anne and tilted his head.

"Anne?" Anne sighed and stood up almost falling on top of Gilbert.

"Yes okay? I know Alice , and not for anything good. She's terrible!" Anne said while crying .

Gilbert didn't know what to do. Alice told him that Anne and her were great friends.

"Anne , are you sure? Alice told me you two were great friends! She said you were there for her in the orphanage when everyone else was picking on her , she also said you did too" Anne gave Gilbert a look. She looked him up and down and hopped over to Diana.

"You know what? Go and hang out with Alice , you don't believe me anyway" and with that Diana and Anne were gone. Gilbert sat down were Anne was sitting before .

Had he just messed up his courtship with Anne?

~

"Oh Marilla , it was excruciating! I had planned to tell Gilbert all about Alice . I almost did but then he told me that Alice said that I was the one bullying her!" Matthew felt so bad for Anne.

He thought at least Gilbert would understand . So he had a plan.

"Anne , is it okay if I um , ask Jerry to do something for you?" Anne nodded and went to her room to cry.

Meanwhile Matthew was walking to the barn when he saw Jerry milking the cows. "Hello mr Cuthbert , what can I do for you?"

"I need you to go talk to Gilbert. You know Alice right?" Jerry nodded his head and stood up .

"Well her and Gilbert are friends. Anne was about to tell him about her past with her but it seems Alice told Anne's story , but for herself. I need you to talk with him" Jerry smiled and ran to Belle .

He knew Anne would kill him if she saw him riding belle but he did it anyway. Matthew opened up the gate and just like that Jerry was off to find Gilbert.

~

It was a long day. Jerry has been searching for Gilbert half the day! He was worried he would get lost . Then out of the blue he saw Gilbert's house. Jerry has never been to Gilbert's house so trying to find him was hard. He saw a girl in the house.

It wasn't Anne. Jerry knew Marilla would get angry if Anne went over there. And it was certainly not a red head , a Burnette!

It's Alice.

Jerry rode Belle all the way until he hook her to the fence post and knocked on the blythes door.

"Oh hello Jerry! Come on in!" Jerry rolled his eyes at Alice sitting on the couch.

"Thanks" he said sarcastically. Jerry sat down across from Gilbert at the dining table.

"So What brings you here?" Jerry laughed and looked at Gilbert. "Oh you're serious. Okay um , you see it's Alice . She's got to go"

Gilbert have him a confused look.

"You know , scoot , bye-bye . Never see you again!" Jerry said while waving his hand goodbye. Still Gilbert was confused .

"Oh my goodness , it's her! She's the one who hurt Anne. Geez all of us thought you would side with Anne but no , you side with pretty little liar over here!" Jerry pointed his thumb behind him at Alice.

"Um Jerry , I believe Alice though. Why would anne not of told me?"

"Because! She was , how do you say . Triste?"

"Sad"

"Ah yes sad , she was sad . When Marilla told her about Alice she wanted to stay far away from her . That's why she wasn't hanging out with you anymore." Gilbert leaned back into his chair .

"Huh , Alice said it was because Anne hated her and didn't want to see her ugly face" Jerry laughed .

"I mean it's true . She didn't want to see Alice because all the memories would be coming back. Alice said and did terrible things to anne. Matthew kind of disappointed in you , you know" Gilbert crosses his arms and looked over at Alice.

"I have to see Anne , right now."

"Right then. Let's go!"

Jerry opened the door and let Gilbert grab his horse. They both hopped onto their horses and rode to green gables. Leaving Alice at Gilbert's place.

Jerry did that on purpose of course .

A/N

Sorry for a short chapter , but I will publish the next one in about a week or two 💗💗