Chapter 22: Sleeping Beauty

Start from the beginning

He nodded his head and I could see his eyes growing darker as his gaze traveled down to my lips. He leaned forward and pressed his mouth to mine. I could sense the absence he felt pouring into each swipe of his tongue. It had only been a few days and seeing him now only proved it had been too long. I was exhausted but I couldn't bring myself to turn him down while he was stood in front of me. I also couldn't bear leaving him when he looked so tempting. Black was definitely his color. I didn't know if I could stay awake, but I would definitely try.

I pulled away. "So, where are we going?" I asked as I proceeded to enter the passenger seat of his car.

He looked irked at our loss of contact and I silently giggled to myself.

"When have I ever ruined the surprise?" he asked as he pulled out of the parking lot.

I groaned and rolled my eyes. Him and his damn surprises.

"You'll like it," he assured.

"I'm still in my uniform," I whined.

He looked over at me with an amused glint in his eyes and I couldn't help feel the need to pout.

"You look fine, don't worry."

The only thing keeping me awake in the soothing car ride was the Nirvana track blaring through the speakers. Kurt Cobain's voice was not something you fell asleep to and I had never been so grateful for it. When we finally pulled into the parking lot, I was so glad it wasn't a movie or something that would only further entice me to sleep.

"Gotta say, never pictured you as a mini golf kinda guy."

"I didn't think you could handle my skills on a real course," he teased as he laced his fingers into mine.

The action was still foreign and it was clear he was hesitant to act on it. Whatever it was we were doing had been making me happy and I wanted it to continue. The sign of endearment would usually freak me out, but I pushed the pessimistic thoughts out of my head and intertwined my fingers with his. He smiled at my returned affection as we walked inside feeling like a normal couple? I wasn't sure I would use such a label, but for lack of a better term, I suppose that's what we were on our way to becoming.

The facility was indoor and glow in the dark. The only thing to glow on Harry was his smile since he was dressed in all black. I couldn't help but laugh that the most visible thing about him was his bright white teeth. I felt ridiculous around all the children who filled up the place, but Harry wouldn't let me out of loosing. He made a point at showing off his very impressive skills and managed a hole in one at the first course. It took me six tries before the ball finally went in and I could see him trying to hold in his laughter.

"I'm just rusty, I'll kick your a.ss by the last hole." I attempted to sound confident but it had been years since I had last mini golfed and I was never very good at it anyway.

Harry tilted his head to the side and I could see his stupid teeth shine bright in a smile.

"You sound cocky, care to make a little wager?" he suggested.

"Absolutely."

"I win, you spend the night at my house," he raised his eyebrows suggestively and I could feel his ego growing.

"And if I win?" I questioned.

"Not likely."

I scowled at him. The faith he had in my golf skills was clearly lacking. I would just have to prove him wrong.

He held up his hands in defence and chuckled. "Fine, if you win, you get whatever you want," he offered.

Hmmm, this could be interesting.