Chapter 6: Cosmetic Revenge

Halloween was the one time of year that a person could pretend to be something they're not. For me, my costume resonated better with my personality than I could have ever guessed. Symbolically dark angels were the followers of lucifer, so maybe not as literal as I led on, but they rebelled against authority to become their own people. Now that was a very Cami Ryder type characteristic. When Harry first pointed out the wings, the first thing that came to mind was an angel and I was none of the sort. A dark angel however: a badass, powerful chick in all black, now that could be me.

Charli and I had spent the last hour preparing for Caleb and Harry's arrival. So far I had styled my long brown hair into loose curls, applied long false lashes and completed my dark eye makeup with thick liner coating the rims of my eye. I had just added my black halo headband when Charli came in my room.

"How do I look?"

I turned my face away from my mirror where I was about to apply my lipstick.

She gave me a 360 view of herself as she turned in a slow circle. Her hair was pin straight with pointy horns sticking out of it. She had vibrant red lips that matched the rest of her costume, along with red platforms, red stockings and you guessed it; a red pitchfork.

I tilted my head to the side, assessing the quality of her costume and preparations. Other than some ridiculous additions she added to the packaged costume she purchased, she looked perfect.

"Devilish," I said and smirked, as I turned back towards my mirror and applied my dark red lipstick.

"I know," she replied. I didn't even have to look to know she had a conceited smile on her lips. The confidence that girl had was amazing. If things with her and Caleb became serious, he would never have to worry about her being insecure about herself.

"I don't think you're wearing enough red though," I said, trying to sound serious.

As I turned back towards her, her smile fell. Internally I was laughing at how gullible she could be. The girl wasn't wearing any other color, she looked like someone threw up red all over her down to her eyeshadow.

"Really?" she asked, looking down at her outfit self consciously.

This was new...

Chari never looked self conscious. She must really like Caleb for her to be worrying so much on her appearance. She looked like she was mentally debating what else she owned that could be added to her costume.

"Yeah," I sighed dramatically, "I don't know if anyone will know what you are," I told her, trying to maintain a straight face. I held it for a couple of moments, before a chuckle released at the sight of her deflated face.

She opened her mouth wide, clearly offended once she realized I was messing with her once again. As a loud fit of laughter splurged out of my mouth, she grabbed my lipstick off of my makeup counter and spread a long streak of the dark color across my check.

"Payback is a b.itch, b.itch," Charli said with a smirk, while holding the color up in her hand.

I glanced at myself in the mirror and saw my favourite Mac lip color extending down my check. It began just under my eye and ended just before my chin.

"Whore!" I cursed loudly.

I angrily grabbed my makeup remover and cotton balls to undo her cosmetic revenge. "By the way, you look like someone spilled the tackiest shade of red paint all over you!" I yelled, as I haphazardly wiped away the remaining lipstick on my cheek.

"Ouch that one hurt," she answered sarcastically, as she watched me clean my face off from her little temper tantrum.

"No seriously, I'm sorry I messed with you but you need to tone it down a bit," I told her, as nicely as I could.