Chapter 22: Sleeping Beauty

Cami's POV:

To say the start of 2015 was anything less than horrendous was an understatement. It was only later into that night that things changed drastically. Harry's precense just after midnight had initially been unwanted, but now it was the only thing that made New Years Eve bearable.

For once in my life, things were going well and I was happy.

Harry and I had been spending more time together and the petty drama from Christmas was long forgotten. We were still taking things slow as per my request, but Harry seemed to be okay with it. I didn't know where this would take us, but I was excited to find out. The only bad thing going on lately was that school was back in session and the new semester was kicking my a.ss. I was not warmed up to my new professors or their curriculums. It was pretty obvious to anyone who knew me that I was not a fan of change. Consistency was key and anything else left me uneasy. Not to mention, one of the workers at The Grind had quit since he was moving back home and Meryl and Stan tended to rely on me a lot of the time to pick up the slack. Between all my school stuff and work, it had been a few days since I had seen Harry. He was completely understanding and gracious about it, but I could tell he was becoming restless. Texting and talking on the phone briefly wasn't enough to get my fill of him and I sensed he felt the same way.

We had plans for tonight since I finally wasn't scheduled to work, but unfortunately Rachel had a family emergency and asked if I could cover her shift. With no one else to fill in, I was forced to ask Harry for a raincheck and I could tell he was disappointed.

Thankfully, The Grind was busy enough to keep me occupied and my shift went by quickly for the most part. The last hour or so was completely dead, but I remained open and opted to work on one of the computers to get a head start on some homework. The syllabus for each of my classes was jampacked with things I would have to get a jump start on. If I was like most college students who waited to do the assignments days before they were actually due, I would never have any free time. I worked hard to ensure I was always ahead which allowed me to participate in social outings without my marks paying the price. I still went out, but my grades came first. After three years in university, I was anxious to finally finish and get my diploma. Sure most college kids would love to say here forever, but I was excited to move forward and get the job I had always dreamed of.

I always loved art and children, so when deciding what I wanted to do when I grew up, an art teacher seemed like the best of both worlds. Who knew you needed four years of university education to teach kids how to colour and finger paint? Either way, I knew it would all be worth it once I finally finished.

An hour later, I cleaned up and did my usual check to make sure all of the machines and lights were off. I closed up and locked the door behind me and could not wait to get home and take a nice hot bath.

Of course, he had other plans for me.

Leant against his Mustang was Harry with a mischievous smirk apparent on his lips.

"Evening, Miss Ryder," he greeted.

I scoffed and slowly made my way over to him while I fumbled with my car keys.

"I think it's safe to say its night time," I teased and planted a quick peck to his lips.

"Doesn't have the same ring to it."

He wrapped his index fingers through my belt loop and pulled me forward until my arms linked themselves around his neck.

"What happened to my raincheck?" I asked and his smirk grew.

"Well, I decided that we would reschedule to when you finished work. Since that time is now, it looks like we're going on a date," he deadpanned.

"Is that so, Styles?"