She grabbed her stuff and locked her apartment.

"Ladies first." I gestured her to walk before me.

I opened the car door for her and helped her to sit in the passenger's seat. I then marched towards the other side of the car and slid in. I revved up the engine and drove off to the event's location.
Few moments later, I realised that her blunt mode was switched off completely and her body posture made it evident that she was nervous. Well I won't blame her, this is most probably going to be her first media interaction and not to mention about the stalker situation of which she's always worried about.

She was blankly gazing out of the window and had her phone clutched tightly in her hands. I decided to divert her fuzzy mind and spoke.

"You okay?"

"Uh yeah." She looked at me and answered politely.

She again averted her gaze towards the other side to look out of the car window.
I wasn't quite enjoying the silent mode so I again spoke while my eyes were fixed on the road.

"You look radiant today." I complemented her genuinely.

"Thank you and you too." She took a moment to process what I said and replied.

"Huh?" A laugh was about to escape my mouth but I somehow controlled it.

"Um I mean you look... amazing Sir." She struggled a little to find the right word to complement me which do not sound too casual.

"Thanks and you can take a break from calling me Sir today." I replied back.

The very next moment her phone pinged and her body evidently stiffened. She unlocked her phone and kept staring at it. I took a glance at her and it was prominently visible on her face that she was worried. I processed it for a second and it occurred to me that it would definitely be that shitty-ass stalker.

I looked at her shaky hand and contemplated whether or not I should take the phone from her hand to see what another cheap move that douche has made. I somehow held back the urge to take the phone from her even though the level of my infuriation was awfully high.

"Is it the stalker?" I asked her.

"Y..yeah." She stuttered.

"What is it?" I tried to keep my anger under control. I didn't want to make her feel more uneasy than she's already with the current situation. Also, it isn't even her fault a single bit.

"Aa..another threat." She replied hesitantly. My anger was boiling and my patience to teach that bloody scumbag a lesson was wearing thin.

I knew she would feel embarrassed to tell me what's written in the message herself. I extended my right hand in front of her to hand me over her phone while my other hand rested on the steering only.
She just stared at me shockingly as if I've proposed her at that instant. Oh of course that's the last example you'd think of when it comes to her. I mentally cursed myself.

"Either give me the phone or tell me what's written in the text." I stated politely when she didn't move at all.

She couldn't muster the courage to speak it out herself so she handed over the phone to me. I cautiously read the message while keeping a check on road.