Chapter-8

Arinya's POV

It's been one month since I started working in this office. I learnt a lot of new things in this profession and I feel much more confident about my work now. Yesterday I got my first salary and believe me it's a big amount. I feel so elated. Now I can start an apartment hunt without worrying about the expenses. Elle has already done a lot for me and I don't want to burden her anymore.

Other than that, my bonding with Samantha and John has grown stronger over the past month too. Elle, Samantha ,John and I are a group now. It feels amazing to have such crazy yet loving friends and I feel pretty comfortable around them. It has become a daily ritual of having our lunch together.

Talking about my other two team members, David is quite friendly but sometimes he is flirtatious too which makes me a little uncomfortable. I guess it's just his quirky nature.
Josephine is nothing more than a colleague to me. We haven't interacted much in the past month even though we were in the same team. She preferably coordinated with John whenever she had to talk about some work.

Today is an important day for me and my teammates. We have a meeting with Mr. King for the approval of our project. I just hope that he likes and approves it as we all have worked day and night for this project.

I was sitting in my cabin working with John for the past 30 minutes.
"Arinya I need to pick a file from my cabin, so I'll meet you straight in the meeting room."  John said and stood up from the chair.

"Sure." I smiled at him.

He left my cabin and I started arranging the files scattered all over the desk. I picked up the files and my laptop and left for the meeting. I reached there and saw David and Josephine already sitting in the room. They were talking about something but when I entered the room they went quiet. It felt awkward but I kept walking.

"Hey Arinya!" David spoke.

"Uh hey." I replied and kept my belongings on the desk. I opened my laptop for the last minute re-checking of work. Nerves you know, I really can't help it.

2 minutes later, John and Miss Wilson joined in too.

"Hey girl, relax. It'll be okay." John said reassuringly when he saw me panicking about the designs. I gave him a nervous smile.

"Yeah Arinya, calm down. How much will you work?" Josephine spoke and it kind of felt weird because we never had a casual conversation before. I just nodded my head at her remark. I don't know what she meant by that.

"Miss Young, don't stress I've seen your work and it's amazing." Miss Wilson said with a smile on her face.

"Thank you Miss Wilson and please call me Arinya." I replied.

"Sure and you can call me Sharon." She spoke.

"But you're a senior to me so..." I said.

"Oh please, don't make me feel too older. It's Sharon for you and no further discussions on that." She scoffed.

I just smiled at her. She is a great team leader and an exuberant personality. Although we only share a professional relationship but I feel fortunate to be working around people like her.

After a while, Mr. King entered the room and my breathing caught hitched in my throat. Why does he always looks like he's ready for a magazine cover photoshoot? He was looking absolutely amazing in a black suit.
Even though I am awfully inexperienced in this department but I always feel a certain jolt of electricity running inside of me whenever I see him.
I tilted my head downwards to regain my composure.

All of us greeted him and he nodded his head a little. He sat on the head chair and gestured all of us to sit too.

"So let's start the meeting." He declared authoritatively.

"Yes Sir." Miss Wilson stated.

She gave him a brief introduction about the approaches we've used in this project and showed him all the structures and designs. He had a poker face the entire time which made me terribly anxious.

After checking every minute detail he finally spoke. "I really appreciate the efforts you all have put into this project. I am impressed and I.."

He was cut off by the ringing of his phone. He looked at his phone and declined the call.

"I am sorry, uh yeah I was saying that your work did match up to my expectations.." His phone again buzzed and he answered the call this time. "Excuse me."

"Hello Aaron, I am in a meeting.. I'll talk to you.." He spoke.

"Oh that's great congrats bro!!" He congratulated someone on the other end.

"Oh uh okay, be there in 5 minutes." He spoke and cut the call. He cleared his throat.

"Yes um.. So I was saying I liked your work and I approve these structures and designs for the Europe project. Congratulations to the entire team. Keep up the good work." He spoke and I released a breath of relief I didn't know I was holding.

"Well there will be a meeting with the clients too, most probably in the coming week so be prepared for that as well." He spoke.

We nodded our heads in a "yes" and thanked him.

"The meeting is over." He stood up from his chair and left the room.

I was so contented that everything went well.

"Congratulations team." Miss Wilson congratulated all of us. We thanked her for her guidance.

"Congrats pretty lady." I turned a little and saw David standing besides me. He stretched out his hand in front of me.

"You too David." I slightly smiled at him and shook his hand. He caressed the back of hand with his thumb and I felt uncanny. I tried to take my hand back but he was holding it tightly.

John chose the right moment and came to me. David left my hand and I felt better.
"Congrats buddy." John spoke.

"Congratulations John." I replied happily.

"Well Congratulations to the entire team." Josephine said looking at both men. She smiled at them and then looked at me. David and John greeted her too.

"You too Josephine." I said smiling at her. She nodded her head and left the room.

"Hey, hurry up Arinya. Let's leave for lunch otherwise those two ladies will kill both of us for making them wait." John said sarcastically making me laugh.

"Yes and we gotta tell them the good news." I replied and we both left the meeting room.

When we told Elle and Samantha that Mr. King approved our designs, both of them squealed and congratulated us. We decided to go to a nearby restaurant to eat something good.

We were chatting and eating when Samantha's phone buzzed. She quickly wiped her hands with a napkin and answered the call.

"Yes Sir." She spoke.

"Okay Sir." She said and cut the call.

"Ahem Ahem, Miss Arinya Young." She spoke dramatically and I looked at her.

"Mr. King wants to meet you after lunch hours." She spoke and I can bet on my food that she said that sentence teasingly.

"Oh.. For what?" I interrogated.

"Oh honey, why would he tell me what's on his mind. After all I am just his assistant." Her voice laced in sarcasm.
"But I am sure he would tell you." She continued and all three of them laughed as if it was the funniest joke ever.
This woman never leaves a chance to tease me.

But why is Mr. King calling me now?
___________________________________________
Thanks for reading.
Please Vote, Share & Comment.