Chapter-33

Arinya's POV 

After Ashton exited the bedroom, I instantly called Elle. She literally answered on the first ring and her concern and worry-filled voice made me miss her even more.

"Arii, are you okay? Is everything alright?" She bombarded me with questions.

"I am fine El and everything's alright." I replied back.

"Don't you dare do this again to us." Her cracking voice made a tear drop from eyes too.

"I am so lucky to have you guys." Emotions whirled inside me like a tornado.

After chatting about my health and all day's horrendous events, I told her about Ashton's proposal of me staying at his place for at least one week and working from home only. She squealed so loudly that my eardrums almost got ripped off.
She teased me nonstop for another 15 minutes.

"Okay listen now, Ashton has told one of his bodyguard's to guard our apartment at night for the entire week." I explained her.

"That's so generous of him but it's really not needed." She replied.

"El please, I can't risk your safety after what happened today. Atleast, I'll be not paranoid of your well-being until I am not there. Besides, he'll be guarding from afar without intruding your private space." I said.

I heard her chuckle. "Can't win with you...but yes get well pretty quick and be back soon. I miss you." She whispered through the phone.

"I miss you too." I said.

We talked for a while more. Later she told me that her meeting with John's parents went really well and his parents have become really fond of her.

But the major highlight was when she told me that John and her are thinking of making their relationship official and settle down.
Now this was my turn to squeal.

"Are you serious... Oh my godddddd." I shrieked and clamped my hand over my mouth to contain my excitement. I was beyond happy to hear the good news.

"Easy there girl... There's still time for that." She replied from the other end.

I heard a knock on the door and turned to see Ashton standing in the doorframe with intrigued eyes.

I told Elle that I'll talk to her later and hung up.

"What happened?" I asked Ashton.

"I heard you shout so I came to see if you're okay." He replied.

There you go...I knew I was a certified queen of clumsiness but I gotta get my certifications as the queen of embarrassment.

"I...I was talking to Elle and she broke a great news, that's why." I replied awkwardly.

"Ohh." I bit my lip and he smirked a little.

He walked towards me and stood just on the side of the bed.

"Don't eat your lip, come the dinner's almost ready. You gotta take the medicines too." He said a bit sarcastically and extended his hand in front of me. I put my hand in his and he helped me get up from the bed.

I felt pain surging through my body due to the cuts and bruises. My body was indeed sore.

We reached downstairs and I saw a chef preparing food in the kitchen. Ashton pulled out a dining chair and made me sit comfortably.

"Arinya, this is Mr Frank and he cooks the most delicious food ever." Ashton introduced me to the chef. He was quite older, maybe in his late-forties or early-fifties.