Teen Fiction Results

Author: jasminestars
Book Title: Scars to your beautiful
Total score: 90/100
Position: 5th
Review: Writing in  the third person POV can be tricky, but the author seems to have mastered the technique! This is a must-read take on the classic, 'Beauty and the Beast'. Set in medieval times, it transports us to a different world and more power to the author for writing it so well! Callie is a bold, young woman who is not afraid to break norms although I think it could be more developed. Although at some points in the story, it gets a little monotonous so maybe you could add some elements of humour from time to time! The whole idea of the novel is out-of-the-box and that is what makes it so appealing.

Username: ToniBologna53
Title of book: Saving June
Total score: 93/100
Position: 4th
Review: Let’s start from the beginning, the blurb is supposed to give the readers an insight on what they are going to find inside, which had been partially missing as it perfectly portrayed the mysterious part but rather left out the humour part. The title is apt for the story and the cover is beautiful. The story and plot itself had been written beautifully with powerful comic timings and smooth dialogues. The description of the setting had rather been lacking throughout descriptions of characters and their feelings were quite effective. The main character lives up to her title of being quirky and is very likeable too. There were a few points where I felt the characters were acting a bit immature which I understand was supposed to be funny. But try not to make every line humorous, for the readers to help find it a bit more realistic. The grammar mistake I majorly found was the absence of commas and one or two spelling errors. Besides that, the sentence structure had been brilliant. All in all, I enjoyed reading it a lot. 

~~~~~~~~

Username: Sarngy
Title of book: Finding Sovanna
Total score: 93.5/100
Position: 3rd
Review: The blurb was straight to the point and brilliantly introduced the characters while effectively giving an insight on what could be expected from the story. Although a strong hooker line or an excerpt would be a nice addition. The cover is beautiful and captivating. The title is well-chosen as clearly, she is trying to find her true self amidst her depression. The story is smoothly enfolding as it captures her struggles and difficulties while trying to live a happy life. The plot although mainstream has created its individual through the unique writing style and various incidents. The character development is steady and each chapter effectively unravels them. The characters also have their unique personality which is not colliding with the others. There were many typos and missing words which on a recheck can be eliminated. The vocabulary used is excellent but there are instances when a single word has been repetitively used too many times. This book successfully held my attention and I must say I enjoyed reading it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Author: 9ice_for_what
Book Title: Not so Anonymous
Total score: 95/100
Position: 2nd
Review: That. Was. An. Amazing.Out-of-the-box story! The story is well presented with proper punctuation and in proper paragraphs. Vida is a very likeable character and the humour is on point! Eddie, Clyde and Brianna make an awesome trio and I just had to laugh out loud! The storyline is different and unique and dead! Although I would've liked the phone-stealing scene to be more tensed because, in my opinion, it got over before we could feel the thrill. But it was a good effort, nevertheless.

~~~~~~~~~

Username: tamunosakiogaree
Title of book: The void between hearts
Total score: 98/100
Position: 1st 
Review: The blurb though small is well written with proper use of a hooker line and adequate description. The cover is aesthetically pleasing to attract the readers and I found the title to be interesting which abstractedly fits well with the story. The first chapter is brilliantly penned down with beautiful well-structured paragraphs making it enjoyable for the readers to read. The plot is very unique and informative. It also consists of a good description with carefully woven thoughts and vivid vocabulary. There are no grammar errors which makes it so much more enjoyable to read. The character build is consistent and at a good pace throughout the story. All in all, the story demands the attention of its readers through its language and style.

§ Remarks §

We say a big thank you to illustris1xox, PoisonOcean and AvyannaTremaine for taking out time to judge this genre of the 3rd Edition of the Ruby Awards.

Participants, please send a private message to us to claim your stickers. If you have any question, kindly let us know via private messages only! Any question mentioned in the comment section here, would not be attended to.

Thanks and congratulations to everyone!

~TheRubyTeam