Poetry Results

5th place

The 50 shades of Balladry by jes_uba123

Blurb/title/cover

9/10

Writing style/rhyme/tone

37/40

Grammar/spelling/vocabulary

18/20

Theme 

26.5/30

Total points: 90.5/100

I love the surface your book shows, the cover title and blurb engaged me to read further, and the poem you wrote was good, but sometimes on some places, I still missed a few deep-going feelings, and some words that could have been replaced with others, but overall I loved it. 

4th Place

The Peaceful End by yaameeneb

Blurb/Title/Description/Cover (10/10)

My first thought was this poem will be deep and probably make me feel something like all poetry should in one way or another. My thoughts were further confirmed once I saw the blurb of the story. I was able to see that these poems would be talking on a deeper level than some surface poems. I was drawn in and the cover was amazing. Due to what the poems are about, it really captures what you want to convey. Although not all simple covers work well but this one does the trick.

Writing Style/ Tone/ Rhyme Scheme (35/40)

The writing style of these poems is really good and I can see what the tone is clearly in each of the poems I read. There wasn’t a particular rhyme scheme that I noticed and there didn’t seem to be a particular pattern. The poems flow in some ways but in others they don’t seem to flow as well. I get very strong emotions from the over writing in each of the poems that I saw.

Grammar/ Vocabulary/ Format/ Spelling (18/20)

In some places it seemed like the format was lost and there wasn’t a specific format that was being followed. I didn’t see any big grammatical errors or spelling errors as I read you work. I do think that the choice of words can be improved in some parts to bring the poems more to life. The words are strong in this poem but they can be stronger.

Theme (28/30)

The best poetry is fueled by some type of emotion. The reader should be able to feel that same way as the writer. I can say at  many parts I could feel what you were trying to convey but the word choice wasn’t the best. I can see there is a lot of emotion in the pieces that are written. I can also clearly see the theme that you are relaying throughout the piece.  Overall the story that the poems are trying to tell is done very well.

Total: 91/100

3rd Place

Esoteric by @ananyasoeaks

Blurb/Title/Description/Cover (9/10)

The background picture itself isn’t all that interesting but considering what the title means, it adds more life to overall cover. I would say to choose a picture that adds more life so that the blurb has a bigger effect. You want everything to flow straight into the work. The cover does a great job of drawing in the reader to see what is going on in the poems. This would be something taken off the shelf.

Writing Style/ Tone/ Rhyme Scheme (39/40)

There isn’t a rhyme scheme but there is flow going on in the poem. I can see the work doesn’t need a rhyme scheme with how its presented and shown. The tone is clear to the reader and I’m not left wondering the significance of the poem or what it is even about. The work is done overall really well and can invoke some emotion. This is a great example of poetry and all the piece that one needs to have a great poem. I think more can be done to enhance the overall writers style as well.

Grammar/ Vocabulary/ Format/ Spelling (18/20)

I did not see an errors in the grammar or spelling. I was able to see a clear format that was carried throughout all the peaches of work. I do feel the word choice can be expanded to draw out more emotion in the reader. The words can be stronger overall basically to bring a better effect out.

Theme (29/30)

The theme is clear in readings and I can see what is trying to be shown. I am able to understand the poems and the emotional responses that they are trying to get out the reader. I still feel there is more that can be done to make the emotional response bigger but other than that it’s good. The story that is trying to be conveyed is very clear and I can understand what the author is trying to explain.

Total: 95/100

2nd Place

The thoughts of 3 AM by mandallee

Blurb/title/description/cover : 9
Writing style/tone/rhyme scheme : 38
Grammar/vocabulary/format/spelling : 20
Theme: 29
Total: 96

Very creative. Certain lines have caught me and had put me to thoughts. I would recommend to work on the file poetry and change your blurb. And try to write to various topics.

1st Place

I can't let you go by JariaMirza14

Blurb/title/description/cover : 10
Writing style/tone/rhyme scheme : 39
Grammar/vocabulary/format/spelling : 19
Theme : 30
Total: 98

Well penned and beautiful with a good flow. It evokes emotions as it is a beautiful story narrated through poetry. 

Studios: Can be more poetic and can use more vocabulary and try various poetic devices.

Good theme and the usage of rhymes is perfect. And I have noticed that the writer interacts with readers which is good. Work on cover, blurb and description to catch more attention.

§ Remarks §

We say a big thank you to astral76, JessieZhu and a_dreaming_soul for taking out time to judge this genre of the 3rd Edition of the Ruby Awards.

Participants, please send a private message to us to claim your stickers. If you have any question, kindly let us know via private messages only! Any question mentioned in the comment section here, would not be attended to.

Thanks and congratulations to everyone!

~TheRubyTeam