Chapter 65 ~ "We broke up"

Sasha

"Is it this one?" Nate asks, picking up a multi-vitamin from the shelf and I shake my head.

"No it's called.....this is it!" I say, finally closing my fingers around the box. "Centrum, woman's one-a-day vitamins." I add it to my basket that already has two other boxes in it. We were browsing for the rest of Doctor Hahn's recommended supplements while I waited for my prescription to be filled.

My blood test had been rushed and surprising no one, the test didn't impact the new medication. Today would be the first time I'd be getting on-top of all of this stuff. It was completely overwhelming but of course Nate was right here with me again, ready to help. Most of my fears were squashed with the need and desire to get better. I hadn't seen my weight in ages but I knew it was low.

I was tired of feeling dead inside and like I didn't have enough energy to give. This was my reprieve time before my skating schedule started back up, and I knew how important it was to get better and make sure I was taking care of myself. Today was Tuesday, after-school, and despite this not being exactly how I wanted to spend my time, Nate was making medicine shopping surprisingly fun.

"Is there anything else you want here?" He asks as we start to go through the beauty aisles and I shrug.

"Maybe mascara?" I tell him. "I'm always running out."

"How about this?" He asks picking up a purple lipstick and I laugh.

"I don't think so." I tell him and he rolls his eyes, pretending to be annoyed.

"You're no fun." He huffs and I laugh. "This aisle is ridiculous, men don't need any of this stuff."

"I guess you could argue women don't either." I remind him and he shrugs. "It's just some variety, nothing to be scared of."

"Says the girl who won't buy my lipstick choice!" He says crossing his arms.

"Well I don't wear lipstick." I insist and he laughs, wrapping his arm around my waist. "Pick out any nail polish, and I'll get it."

"Really?" He asks and I nod. 

"I'm out of competition so it doesn't matter." I remind him. I wasn't supposed to be wearing coloured nail polish when I performed, it drew too much attention to my hands.

"How about this one?" He asks and I smile, seeing he picked out a deep red colour.

"You like red, hmm?" I ask and he nods, putting it in the basket. 

"I'll even paint them for you tonight." He says and I smile.

"Well how can I say no to a deal like that." I ask and he shrugs.

"Sasha Petrov?" The woman at the counter calls out and I walk over, placing down the other things I had. 

I get a long talk about the dangers of the drug and how to use it most effectively. I listen and hand over my family's medical card, thankful mom had really good coverage through her work. I watch as it comes down a ton and I only end up paying a small chunk that my mom promised to reimburse to me later on.

Nate then leads me out of the store, holding my hand in his. I smile, following him to the car and sliding into the passenger seat.

The drive to my house is quick and I giggle pulling him upstairs to my room. I toss the bag of meds on my desk, willing to deal with it later tonight when my parents were home.

"Who's home?" Nate breathes, grabbing my waist.

"Nobody." I whisper back and I feel him push me up against my closed bedroom door.