Chapter 27 ~ "You're a bad influence"

Sasha

I wake up to sudden ringing pulling me from sleep and I roll away from Nate looking for the source of it. I find my phone on the floor inside of my jacket and I lean over to pick it up.

"Hello?" I ask, half asleep into the other end.

"Hey Sash, it's Kate." I hear her cheerful voice over the other end and I can help but laugh. 

"Hey Kate." I say back with a smile on my face. "What's up?" I ask, wondering why she might be calling. I was sure dad had told her I wasn't going to be at practice this week.

"Well, your dad said you quit." She says.

"That's right, it's all just a little bit much." I confirm.

"Well I thought you might be in need of cheering up, how about we go out for a girls day?" She asks and I smile.

"You're too sweet." I say feeling excited. Kate was always a nice person to spend time with, she had a big heart and she was super confident.

"Is that a yes?" She asks excitedly and I laugh a bit.

"I'd love that." I tell her. "I'll text you where I am, yeah?"

"Perfect! I'll see you soon." She says and then hangs up with a quick goodbye. I roll over and see Nate smiling reaching for me to come back closer to him in bed.

"You're leaving me are you?" He teases and I laugh wrapping my arms around him.

"Just for a while today, have some 'girl time'." I say and he laughs. "Kate's always been really good to me, I honestly miss her and Johnathan a lot."

That was really the part I missed the most, they were both amazing to me. I loved the practices I got to have with them alone, I'd always leave feeling really good about myself. 

"Then I'm glad you're going. I'll miss you." He says and I laugh. 

"I'll miss you too." I say kissing his cheek. "But I really need to get ready." He laughs letting me go and I smile finding my sweater on the floor for me to put on. "I'm just going to grab a quick shower."

"Mmm, want any company?" He asks raising his arms above his head and I laugh uncomfortably, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"I-uh....um, no thanks." I say awkwardly and he laughs again. I look at his dirty blonde hair stuck up every which way, his gorgeous torso. Stop it Sasha. Why do men always wake up and look amazing? It takes me at least thirty minutes.

"Sasha, stop staring at me and go get ready." He teases and I roll my eyes sticking my tongue out.

"Okay I'm going." I laugh and quietly poke my head out into the hallway, checking for his mom. 

The coast is clear so I close his door and zip across the hallway into my room. I sigh and plug in my phone looking for clean clothes to wear. Not many of those left anymore, I'd have to do some serious laundry soon.

I sigh and cross the hall with my clothes in hand and towel. I think about Nate's offer to shower together and I once again feel myself smile a bit. Why was I such a little kid about this type of stuff? I was sixteen, shouldn't I want to things like that with a person I really liked?

On the other hand, showering was completely out of the question. We'd both be completely naked, I didn't want that much of myself out there for too long. I know how intimate showering with somebody else is, I needed to start small and build up with Nate. If I jump in head first I'll just feel totally lost.

I quickly finish my shower and go about the rest of my morning routine, doing my make up, hair and everything else I needed to. I see a text pop up from Kate telling me she's out front so I grab my jacket and go to say goodbye to Nate.