Chapter 38 ~ "Then it's a date"

☆ Hey readers! My vacation has recently turned, but lots of cool weather and clouds means time inside to write! I'll be back shortly to my regular wifi and I can't wait. I'm honestly floored by the feedback and reception of this book, I write these stories for fun and it really warms my heart to wake up every morning and see a new comment or vote. Thanks for all the reads, sappy message over :)) ☆ 

Nate

What is wrong with me? Why did I say that to her? I could have just left it when she begged me to understand but I had to take it that one extra step and tell her it felt like she was making excuses. I'd be lucky if she'd ever talk to me again.

But I did feel that way, I didn't care that she was still going through her family problems. I love Sasha, I want her to know that even if she's a mess trying to sort this stuff out, I still want to be there with her.

I know that wasn't how I came across though, it sounded like I was leaving her or like I was giving her an ultimatum. I shouldn't have said anything, because at the end of the day, I did love her. I told her I'd wait and instead I seemed like a greedy loser who couldn't wait one day after her moving in with her family before wanting her to go out with me.

Was I wrong in what I said? Was she wrong in her reaction? Maybe we were both wrong to a certain degree, I worried about what this could mean for the future. Would we both get so easily offended the next time we got into a fight?

What was really hurting me was how upset she looked, she made it sound like I'd given up on her. That was the last thing I wanted to do with Sasha, I wanted her to trust me and to know that I wasn't going anywhere. She intentionally called me 'Nate', I knew she meant to hurt me back.

She also made the point about Sabrina, how I lead her to believe things would change too. I knew she was right but it hurt to have her rub salt in fresh wounds. But part of me wondered if she was worried about me moving on. I knew it had only been a little over a week and a half since I dumped Sabrina and that she hurt me. But things with Sabrina had felt over for a long time, and I didn't find myself missing her.

I knew what I wanted and I wanted Sasha. I just wanted her to understand that nothing had to change between us either, that I didn't expect anything from her. Of course I wanted to take her out on a real date and everything but I'd also be happy to stay in with her and cuddle every night. I knew that wasn't really like me, but I'd been enjoying my recent downtime. Sasha made everything feel effortless, it was amazing.

I don't know how long I've been staring at my celling, I just know I came home, laid down on my bed and didn't move. I've debated calling her about fifty times but I wouldn't know what to say or how to fix this. I figured I'd talk to her about it tomorrow, she seemed upset and I'm sure she wanted time to herself.

Then I groaned thinking about her hanging out with Kate, she was probably crying on her shoulder right now. Kate was probably encouraging her to focus on herself and how 'I was just a guy' or something ridiculous like that. I wasn't just a guy because Sasha wasn't just a girl and she had to know that.

I suddenly feel my eyes widen when I hear a weird noise outside my bedroom window. It sounds like a whole bunch of banging around and I start to get really freaked out. Then I watch my window getting pulled up and I shoot up straight like an arrow ready to run out of the room. Then something unbelievable happens, I watch a blonde head of curls poke through the window.

"Sash?" I say as I watch her crawl the rest of the way through the window. She stands up and closes it behind her, taking a deep breath.

"H-hey." She says quietly. 

I'm so floored I don't even know what to say, I didn't know the right way to approach the situation, given how we acted the last time we were together.