Chapter 33 ~ "Consider me home"

Sasha 

I'm practically running down the stairs knowing who's waiting at the bottom of them. I see my brothers making small talk in the living room and I run over just feeling excited to see them again.

"Hey Sash." I hear Alex say and I give him a hug when I feel Nik practically crushing me from the other side. 

"I can't breathe." I tease and they let me go with a laugh.

"I missed you." Nik says and I smile giving him his own hug. "Alex told me he had to put that asshole McMaster in his place today?" He teases and I laugh with a nod.

"He was just trying to pick on me." I remind him. "I try not to take any of that stuff too seriously."

"Good, you shouldn't." He says and I smile. He pulls me over to the side as Alex and Nate start to talk. "Alex said you want to come home." I nod, running my hand through my hair.

"I do." I say quietly. "I miss you guys."

"Don't just come home because you miss us, I'll just come see you." He says and I smile, flattered by his words.

"No, I know it's time." I say quietly. "I want to be back in my room, with my stuff and........I want to fix things at home. I do. I don't like what's been going on with dad and mom and I'd really like to lay out ground rules, try and repair things." He just gives me an odd look and I furrow my eyebrows. "What?"

"Nothing.....I just don't know when you got so mature." He says and I laugh. "Good for you, Sash." 

"Do you know what mom and dad are like?" I ask and he nods.

"They're worried." He insists. "They ask me and Alex where you are all the time. They want you home but they don't want to admit they were wrong. Especially dad."

"I'd just like to sort it out, see if we can agree on anything." I say and he smiles.

"I can set something up with mom, Alex and I can be there with you. We can meet at home, or if you'd rather we can go to a coffee shop. I just want you to know that you have the advantage, they want something from you Sash, so use it. Tell them you'll only come home if you get what you want." I nod feeling guilty, knowing how awful that sounds.

"And I know how selfish that must sound, but you've gone you're entire life trying to bend over backwards for them. It's important you're happy." He reminds me. "I know they don't expect you to go back to skating." 

"Are you sure?" I ask and he nods.

"Positive." He says and I sigh.

"H-how soon do you think I could see mom?" I ask and he smiles.

"Tomorrow." He says and my eyes widen. "They've been waiting for us to crack for over a week and tell them where you are. They want to talk to you."

"And you and Alex can be there?" I ask and he nods.

"I promise." He says and I smile. "After school, at a coffee shop. I'll bring you with me after school."

"Thank you." I say moving to give him another hug. "I love you."

"I love you too." He says and I smile. "Please tell me these rumours about you and Carter messing around for almost two months aren't true." 

"They're full-fledged rumours now?" I ask and he nods. "Sheesh, word spreads fast. No they're not true. Why is everyone so concerned if I've slept with Nate?" 

"High school isn't without it's challenges." He says and I sigh. "I'm just looking out for you."

"I know and I appreciate it, but I've never 'looked out' for you, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't look out for me unless I ask." I tell him pointedly. "Nik, I love you, but let's keep some mystery between us alright?" He laughs a bit with a nod.