"You told me to choose, and I chose."

I said, finally releasing her finger from my mouth. Snapping out of her thoughts, she gave me a cute look before she huffed and left the room, grumbling some incoherent words.

It's now five thirty and I re-checked the basket to see that I've packed everything. I don't even remember when I became such a softie. Women used to impress me, but now I'm imperessing Leah.

Before she could meet me here at six, I decided to surprise her five minutes early. I opened her room door to see her facing away from me.

Her dark locks of hair cascaded down her bare shoulders, all the way to her waist. Noticing the noise the door created, she turned around as she put on an earring.

"Hi"

She croaked, quite surprised. I wanted to respond yet I couldn't. She looked like a goddess. Her face was bare if any makeup, yet she and this glow to her. She wore a gorgeous baby pink off the shoulder dress that reached her knees.

"Dylan? Do I not look ok?"

"Huh. Leah, No, no You look gorgeous. I got you this."

I said as I pointed to a necklace I decided to save until our date.

"It's gorgeous."

"Not any more than you love."

She smiled softly at that response and turned her back towards me as she shifted her long curly hair to one side.

Taking that as my cue, I put the picnic basket down and approached her. When the cold metal touched her bare neck, she shuddered slightly, adjusting to the temperate.

I kissed her neck softly as we looked at each other through the mirror.

"It's so beautiful. Thank you, Dylan."

"It's only beautiful because it's on you."

We smiled softly at each other and held our hands as I walked her towards our destination.

At the midst of war, on one of our daily routes, I found a beautiful forest. I checked to make sure it was safe numerous times and decided that it was the spot for our date.

The cliff allowed us to see the sunset and the woods were close enough to the camp to call for backup. Within a five minutes walk, we approached the place as she opened her mouth in awe.

"This is beautiful Dylan. How did you even find this place."

I explain the story as she helps me set up the food and blanket for the picnic.

For the next few hours, we shared our goals and memorable life stories with each other. I learned about what those terrorists have done to her family and she knows about my foster families.

Despite only meeting her a few weeks ago, I felt like I've known her forever. We felt like sharing everything with each other, and we did.

Just before the sunset, I wanted to declare my love for her. It might be too early, but it never felt like a more perfect time. With the war happening, we could never know when our last day is.

"Leah, I need to tell you something. I love you, Leah. I know you might think it's too early in this relationship and I understand if you don't have the same feelings yet, because I'll wait, but-"

She ended my blabbering confession as she poured all her love for me in a kiss. With tears streaming down her face she said those same words.

"I love you too Dylan. Just don't hurt me"

"Hurting you, is like hurting myself. I promise to never hurt you."

Her brown eyes teared up as she kissed me and lured her emotions into it, as I did the same.

Smiling at each other in the utmost happiness, we both spent a little more time together watching the sunset and sharing occasional kisses.

"Let's go back to camp, mi amore. It's getting dark."

Nodding her head, we cleared the place up before we started walking back to the base.

"What does that word mean; mi amore?"

"It means my love in Italian."

"You know Italian?"

"I learned it at high school and John is Italian. As I spent more time with him and his family, I kind of just learned it naturally I guess."

"Wow, I just know English, but I always wanted to learn a new language."

"I'll teach you some words right now. Say mi trovo estremamente sexy e attraente"

"Mi trovo estremamente sexy e attraente, what does it mean?"

"It means, you find me extremely sexy and attractive. Thank you, my love. I feel the same as you?"

She immediately smacked my bicep, as I laughed at our foolishness.

We soon entered the camp, only to be informed by one of my soldiers that Jamie had fallen down and hit his head.

With a worried expression, both Leah and I ran towards the medical ward.