CHAPTER 23 - Attack at the Back Gate

Dara's POV

Dara's POV

Riko Takizawa. Is she that special to Jiro? How was their relationship before? Did he takes care of her like how he takes care of me? So many questions were running through my head and it was just adding up to the weight I was feeling.

I returned the book in the shelf and decided to leave the library. Even reading did not help in calming my mind. I didn't do anything wrong but I felt like I should apologize to Jiro. Pathetic as it might sound, I didn't care about my pride when it came to him. I couldn't sleep well knowing that I unintentionally hurt him. If he saw me hugging and kissing Bullet, I understand why he got mad. Anyone could have misunderstood what I did.

As I was ascending the stairs, I came across Jiro. Seeing his cold expression, all the things that I wanted to say vanished into thin air. He was still furious. I didn't know how to start explaining to make him understand that there was nothing going on between me and Bullet.

He glanced at me and continued descending the stairs without uttering a word. I hurriedly followed him and walked behind him, still unable to force a word out of my mouth. He shoved his hands inside his pockets and strode slowly as we walked in the hallway with me still behind him.

"Jiro", I called out.

"Yes?" He mumbled without glancing back.

"About Bullet-..." I started. He abruptly stopped and slowly turned around to face me. "I didn't hurt him, if that's what you want to know", he said in an irritated voice, making me flinch.

"No-... I-... There's nothing going on between me and Bullet", I said meekly as he stared at me with an impassive expression.

"Okay", he replied with disinterest; but I knew everything was far from okay.

"You didn't drop by my house last night."

"I had to meet Riko."

I felt like blood rushed through my head with what he said. We had a fight and I wasn't able to sleep well last night because of it and here he was telling me he met with his ex-girlfriend? The guilt that I was feeling completely disappeared. I was making a complete fool of myself trying to straighten out our misunderstanding while he didn't seem bothered at all that his ex-girlfriend was still attached to him? Wow.

"Why do you have to meet Riko?"

"I had to."

"That explains a lot", I said sarcastically. He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked directly at me.

"We didn't do anything, if that's what you're thinking. I didn't hug her and I certainly didn't kiss her."

"I told you, I'm just consoling Bullet when I did that!" I exclaimed in exasperation.

"Okay", his face turned stoic again. I didn't bother stopping him when he turned around and began walking away.

Riko Takizawa. Was there something more to gratitude and guilt?