CHAPTER 21 - Fake Armor

Namee frowned when she saw Jiro and his gang walking past them without even giving Dara a glance. The two just exited their classroom and they came across Black Dragons but her friend and Ice Lord didn't even acknowledge each other.

"Why didn't he even stop and talk to you?"

"He has nothing to say", Dara replied nonchalantly. "And it will be awkward if we greet each other with his gang behind him."

She just shook her head and chuckled at the eccentricity of the two. They do match each other. The guy has an odd behavior that can drive any woman insane and the girl understands and accepts what others can't.

"I'll see you later, my class is this way", Namee said and jogged to her classroom while Dara headed towards the round tables to read her books while waiting for her next class.

She was about to sit when she saw the Fire 39 gang headed by Bullet and the Sparrow Gang headed by Spade talking in a near distance. There was concern in their faces as they discuss something seriously. When their conversation ended and Bullet saw her, he waved his hand dismissively at his gang mates and approached her.

"Munchkinnn!" He smiled brightly and pinched her cheeks.

"What was that about?" She asked as they sat on the round table.

Bullet's face turned serious as he sighed tiredly. "An InterSAT student was attacked and Spade thinks it's not an outsider, but one of the InterSAT gangs. So he's making a round among the gangs to warn us."

"What made him think it's one of the InterSAT gangs?"

"The victim said there's an X mark in black paint at his locker and he thinks that it's a threat."

"But our school is full of graffiti. What made him think that it's not just vandalism?"

"The X mark is inside his locker, at the side of the locker's door", Bullet explained.

Dara shook her head in disbelief. "I really don't get this school sometimes. Especially the gangs", she said.

"Munchkin, the gangs in InterSAT are former martial arts clubs. Then it became fraternities, and now gangs. Other universities have fraternities, but we are cooler." He puffed his chest and pounded it with his fist to show his masculinity, making Dara chuckle. "The neighboring schools began copying us and renamed their fraternities using gang names. Pfft! Copycats."

"Stop your macho act and be careful, okay?" Dara said while lightly punching Bullet's chest.

"Bah! Let them come at me. Let's see if they'll see the light of day again", he said proudly.

"Don't worry, Bullet. I'll protect you", Dara said playfully and pulled her sleeves up. "Have you seen my muscles?" She asked, showing her upper arm.

"Oh, reaaallyyy? Come on, show me what you got!" Bullet stood up and raised his open palms, urging her to punch. Dara giggled and shot to her feet, punching Bullet's palms with her fists.

"Jab, jab, straight!" Bullet instructed. "No, munchkin. Step your left foot forward, move your hips, your right foot pointing to the ground and deliver a straight punch. Yes, that's it!"

Bullet suddenly stopped her punch by gripping her wrist. He then leaned down and kissed her fist, staring at her afterwards. "I heard a nasty rumor", he said as he stroked her fist with his thumb.

"What rumor?"

"It's about you and... Ice Lord", he said as he lets go of Dara's hand. Seeing the girl's worried expression, he swallowed hard and gave her a lopsided grin. "Don't worry, I told those gossipmongers that my munchkin is not cheating on me. Hah! No one can break the munchkin couple."