CHAPTER 6 - One-Sided Crush

Dara's eyes darted left and right, unable to move. Tattoos, piercings, weird hairstyles - the guys surrounding her looked scarier and more intimidating than the InterSAT gangsters. Judging from their uniform logo, they're from the university located downtown.

"You're a former Bridge Rose student, aren't you? You look so pretty and innocent", one of the guys inched closer and sniffed her, making her shudder in disgust. "And hmmm....you smell so nice!" He exclaimed. "What are you doing in InterSAT? Just transfer to our school!"

"Excuse me, p-please let me pass", she tried to steady her voice, but to no avail. She's scared as hell.

"Just hang out with us for a while. We won't harm you." The guy smirked at her and tried to wrap his arm around her again, but Dara rapidly stepped aside. She tried to pass but the others kept on blocking her path while laughing, thoroughly enjoying her frustrated expression.

"Oh look, she's about to cry!"

"Aww. Come here, I'm going to make you feel better."

Dara was hugging her bag like a shield while her mind kept on screaming Jiro's name. She was about to fish out her phone but due to nervousness, her bag slipped from her grasp and her stuff tumbled on the ground, making the thugs roar in laughter. She slumped on the pavement and clumsily picked up her things with trembling hands.

Jiro!

"HEY!" she heard an unfamiliar voice from afar. Dara looked up and saw Arden Lee walking towards them, his hands shoved inside his pockets. He has his usual bright smile on his face but his eyes convey something different. "Want to have fun with me instead?" He asked and kicked one of the thug's lower leg.

"You assh-..UGH!" The guy wasn't able to finish as Bullet's fist forcefully connected on his face. The other thugs were about to retaliate when someone shouted from the InterSAT back gate.

"Bullet, do you need a hand?" One of the members of the Fire 39 called out jokingly.

"Nah, I got this!" Bullet shouted back and grinned at his gang members. Dara glanced at the back gate and saw that at the corner, there is a stair going up to the turf of the Fire 39 gang.

"D-Did he say Bullet?" The thug asked his other member.

"Damn. It's the leader of Fire 39. Let's go."

The guys surrounding Dara immediately ran off, leaving her and Bullet behind. Not knowing what to say, she hung her head low and just busied herself on gathering her things and stuffing them back inside her bag. To her surprise, Bullet slumped on the ground as well and tilted his head, catching her eyes.

Dara sheepishly looked at him and upon seeing that he was smiling at her, she quickly averted her eyes. "Thank you for helping me", she murmured.

"Can't you say that while looking at me?"

She lifted her gaze and looked directly on his eyes. "Thank you for helping me", she said.

"You're really pretty, and you're welcome!"

Dara blinked at him in bewilderment, not knowing how to react.

"Call me Bullet", he winked.

Flirt.

"Thank you, Arden Lee", she said and stood up. She was about to walk away but Bullet grabbed the handle of her bag, halting her steps. She glanced back and saw his amused smile.

"Isn't Ice Lord waiting for you at the front gate?"

Dara pulled her bag from his grasp and shifted her gaze elsewhere, unable to respond.  Bullet let out a soft laugh and glanced at his gang members who were eyeing them from afar. "I'll be back later!" He shouted and waved at them coyly when they started howling and whistling.