40

{Olivia}

After a two hour drive my mother parks the car in front of the lake house.

'Oh, God,' she mumbles as she looks ahead. I follow her gaze and see that my dads car is parked in front of the house as well.

'I could've known he'd be here,' she sighs as she gets out of the car. I haven't seen my father in a while and I don't know how to feel about him being here. Everything is such a mess right now and him being here isn't exactly helping with getting some rest.

'I'll go talk to him,' she says. 'Maybe he can stay somewhere else for a few days.' I nod and stay seated in the car as my mother walks inside. I grab my phone and see that Caleb texted me, wishing me a nice week. I smile and send him a text back.

I haven't heard from Liam since we're done. He hasn't texted me, tried to call me, stopped by, nothing. Maybe he needs some time for himself. I get that, but it doesn't feel like him. Liam always wanted to make sure I'm alright.

Suddenly my father and my mother walk out of the lake house, followed by another woman. Her hair is a mess and she looks kind of afraid. I don't blame her. My mother looks furious. I guess she can't handle the fact that my father has moved on. I don't know if that woman is just a one time thing or if that's his new girlfriend.

'I don't know why I ever married you!' I hear my mother yell. 'You've brought me nothing but misery!'

'Judith, we've split up,' my father says. 'I'm allowed to move on.'

'It's a bit quick to already have a girlfriend, don't you think?' my mother hisses. 'We aren't even officially divorced!' My father shakes his head and laughs.

'You have some nerve, you know that?' he says. 'This is the lake house of my family and you come here, barging into the bedroom to yell at me? The only reason I'm going away is because of Olivia.' I bite my lip as I slowly get out of the car.

'Mom, just let him,' I say. 'Don't let this ruin our week.' My mother looks at me for a moment, her face relaxing a bit as she sighs.

'You're right,' she mumbles. My father smiles at me.

'I hope we can have dinner sometime,' he says to me. 'I haven't spoken to you in a while.' I nod and smile back.

When my father and his new girlfriend leave my mother and I grab our bags. I can tell she's upset. Probably because of the fact that her ex husband has a new girlfriend.

'Mom, are you okay?' I ask her. She nods and blinks her tears away.

'Yeah, I'm fine,' she says and she quickly walks into the lake house. I follow her and as soon as I enter the house it feels different. Maybe because we used to come here as a happy family of three. Now it's just the two of us. The last time we went here everything was fine between my parents, or they just hid it really well. But that was years ago. Everything is different now.

I take my bags to my bedroom and lie down on my bed with a sigh. I decide to text Caleb to let him know we've arrived safely.

[03.35 PM]

Hey, just wanted to let you know we've arrived at the lake house x

[03.36 PM]

Have fun there x

When will you be back again?

[03.36 PM]

Saturday

[03.36 PM]

Okay, can we talk then?

[03.37 PM]

Sure

About what?

[03.37 PM]

Us

[03.37 PM]

Okay

[03.37 PM]

Don't worry about it. It's nothing special. Just want to know where your head's at after you spent a whole week thinking x

I know I won't change my mind this time. I have genuine feelings for Caleb. If we just take things slow we can make it work. I know we can.

{Caleb}

'Did Nora finally let you go?' I laugh when Isaac walks in to the diner.

'Yeah, she wanted to talk about something,' he says, sitting down next to Levi. I chuckle when I see the hickey in his neck. Talk... Isaac and Nora don't talk. Well, dirty talk maybe. But every time I see Isaac he has a new hickey. The same goes for Nora though.

'Talk,' I say sarcastically. Isaac laughs, but he doesn't say anything.

'Man, you're getting loads,' Levi sighs. 'I'm almost jealous. Luckily for me, there are enough girls at school who want to try this.' He points at himself and I laugh as I shake my head.

'What are you laughing at?' he asks me. 'At least I have a sex life. When was your last time?'

'Weeks ago,' I mumble as I take a sip from my drink. 'Olivia was my last one.'

'Just screw her already,' Daniel sighs. 'We all know she and Liam are done.'

'So nothing happened between you that night?' Isaac asks me and I shake my head.

'What did you expect?' I ask them. 'Olivia and I are still figuring things out. She had just dumped Liam. I don't think she was thinking about sex that evening. Me neither, by the way.'

'Okay, that's bullshit,' Levi laughs.

'It's not,' I sigh.

'So, you're telling me that Olivia was lying next to you, with barely any clothes on. And you didn't think about screwing her, at least once?' I roll my eyes and say nothing. Of course I thought about it, but I would never take advantage of her.

'Just what I thought,' Levi smirks. 'You're a naughty guy. Not that I judge you. I'm even worse.'

'But what's the deal between you two?' Isaac asks me. 'Have you forgiven her? Are you together?'

'I think I forgave her,' I mumble. 'But we're not together. I mean, we have feelings for each other, but we are taking things slow.' Isaac nods understandingly.

Suddenly I hear the bell of the diner ring, which means someone walks in. And when I look up I see Liam, followed by Amy. She's wearing his basketball jacket that is a few sizes too big on her. When Liam spots me he immediately turns his gaze away. I guess he knows not to mess with me.

'What are you looking at?' Isaac asks, turning his head around. 'Oh...'

'He moved on quickly,' Levi says.

'That's Amy,' I explain. 'His best friend.'

'Oh, the one he had sex with?' I nod. I guess Liam and I kinda have the same taste. We both had sex with Olivia and Amy. I'm curious what his plans are with Amy. Because it doesn't look like they're here as friends. Liam wraps his arm around Amy's waist as he leads her towards a table. But who am I to judge? Olivia and I are basically back together, so he can do what he wants. I just thought he was so determined to win Olivia back. I guess that was for a short period of time. But I don't care. I don't want to get into a stupid competition with him for Olivia's heart.