34

{Caleb}

I throw my keys on the little table next to the door and quickly take my shoes and jacket off.

'Caleb, is that you?' I hear my mother ask.

'Yeah, why?' I ask her. She walks into the hallway.

'Come sit down,' she says. 'I made tea.' I nod and follow her to the kitchen where we sit down at the dining table.

'Are you okay?' My mother asks, handing me a cup of tea. 'You seem a little down these days. Did something happen at school? Or with that girl you liked?'

'It's nothing,' I mumble.

'Caleb, you know you can tell me everything, right?' My mother places her hand shortly on top of mine. I hate it when she does that. She know she can get me to talk this way.

'It just didn't work out with that girl,' I sigh. 'It's fine, though.'

'Are you sure?' My mother raises her eyebrow. 'I thought you really liked her. You seemed happy.'

'Trust me, it's for the best,' I try to convince her. I'll spare her the details about Olivia, basically cheating on me. I know I can't call it that, but one night she basically asked me to make her my girlfriend and the other she's screwing Liam. If I asked her to be my girlfriend then, would she still have done the same?

'You'll find someone else,' my mother tells me. 'You're an amazing guy. I raised you, so what could possibly have gone wrong?' I laugh and shake my head.

'I have dad's genes as well,' I say.

'It's his fault then,' my mother says after which she laughs.

'What's my fault?' Just at that moment, my father walks in.

'Hey, what are you doing home so early?' My mother asks him.

'I decided to leave a couple of hours early,' he says, kissing my mothers hair. 'To spend some time with my family. I've been at the office for too long the last couple of days.' My mother smiles and gets up.

'Do you want coffee?' she asks him and he nods.

'So Caleb, have you already stolen that girls heart?' my father asks me.

'No,' I mumble, shaking my head. 'We're done.'

'Oh, well there's plenty of fish in the sea,' he says, taking the cup of coffee from my mothers hands. 'You'll find someone else.' Everyone keeps saying that, but I'm not sure if I want some else. But I also don't know if I still want Olivia. I told her I'm done with her and a part of me meant it, but another part of me is still in love with her. I can't deny the fact that I have feelings for her. It sucks to see her with Liam. I wanted to punch him in the face, but that wouldn't be fair. He was just fighting for his girlfriend, which is understandable. Of course he's still in love with her. I can only be mad at Olivia for what she did, but it's so much easier to hate the other guy.

'Caleb, are you okay?' I hear my mother ask.

'Yeah,' I say, getting up from the table. 'I just remembered I need to finish something for school.' My parents both don't seem to believe me, but they don't ask any questions. They probably know it's for the best to just let me be for a while.

When I get into my room I sigh deeply as I lie down on my bed. Camila came to talk to me today. She told me that she's found a new boyfriend. I'm fine with it. Hopefully he can change her, because I couldn't.

I grab my phone and see that Isaac texted me.

[05.23 PM]

Hey, you're coming to the party Friday, right?

[05.30 PM]

Still haven't decided yet. I'm not exactly in the party mood.

[05.31 PM]

But you can just get wasted and have fun, right? And I'm sure Liam won't be there since he's still recovering, so you don't have to see a clingy couple

Well maybe one...

[05.32 PM]

You are the worst since you're in a relationship. You've became a real softie

[05.32 PM]

What can I say? I just really love Nora

[05.33 PM]

Yeah, I can tell. But you guys are cute together, so I'll let you be clingy.

Do you happen to know if Olivia will be there?

[05.33 PM]

As far as I know, she'll be there. Nora told me. But who knows? Maybe she won't because of Liam.

But if she comes, you don't have to talk to her.

[05.34 PM]

I wasn't planning on it. I'll just try to avoid her then...

[05.34 PM]

Is that a confirmation that you'll come?😏

[05.34 PM]

Fine, I'll be there

[05.35 PM]

Great! I'll even find you a new chick to hook up with. If you want to of course. Even if you don't, I know a lot of girls who are dying to shoot their shot.

[05.35 PM]

You're just making that up... But fine, you can find me another girl.

[05.36 PM]

I got you bro

I'm curious who Isaac will come up with. I hope he knows what my type is. It'll be good for me to get some distraction.

(So school is starting tomorrow and I already have a due date for Tuesday :)

Anyways, my upload schedule might change again, but I have to wait for to see what works for me. I think I'll have less time to write, since university is a lot, even though most of my classes will be online. There's still a lot to do and it's all new, so yeah...

I hope you liked this chapter and stay tuned for the next one.

Also, to everyone who's starting school again, good luck!)