"Zhe Yan hardly tells me anything, " she said, "And that peach. Why do I feel different after I ate it?"

"How is it different?"

She circled him, "Like I'm lighter, less tied down and much more energised, "

"That would be the effect of the peach," Ye Hua explained, "You're evolving. "

"Evolving?" She murmured, "To what?"

"To a goddess, "

"A goddess, " she repeated the words in amazement and took a step closer to him, "Does it mean that I get to live with you up in the nine heavens?"

Bai Qian? In the nine heavens? Ye Hua shuddered at the thought. He placed his hands on her shoulders and gently pushed her away.

"No, " He held her shoulder in comfort, "You are of Qing Qiu, you should stay here, "

"Then..." Bai Qian murmured, "If becoming a goddess is as easy as eating a peach, why didn't more people do it?"

"As you know, immortal peaches are extremely rare. Many mortals tried to get them but failed. Demons, on the other hand, couldn't even get to the Western Queen's garden, " Ye Hua explained.

"And the ones here?"

"You think Zhe Yan would let us take them without his permission?"

Bai Qian scrunched her nose.

"They had to be given to be consumed," Ye Hua explained.

What he didn't tell her is that it had to be given by the Western Queen herself. Ye Hua had given her his without Her Majesty's permission, for reasons he didn't know why. Maybe it's because Bai Qian looked like she needed it.

It came from the peach forest anyway. Ye Hua was sure that Zhe Yan didn't mind.

"The effect of the peach is not permanent, " Ye Hua warned her, "If you do any evil, you will revert to being a demon, "

Bai Qian nodded in understanding.

"You're not entirely a goddess yet," Ye Hua told her, "Still need to train and cultivate yourself, which will take centuries. After that, you need to go through an ascension trial to become a high immortal and then a high god, "

"I don't know how to do any of that, " Bai Qian said, "Can you teach me?"

Ye Hua blinked, he didn't know how to respond to that question. In the end, he blurted out, "No, "

Bai Qian looked so disappointed, and the world seemed to turn grey.

"I'm not Mo Yuan. I don't have the patience to teach. And I'm too busy with..." Ye Hua paused, "Maybe you could ask Zhe Yan to help you, "

Her face turned more grey.

"Or I have some books, I can lend them to you, " Ye Hua frantically added.

Bai Qian removed his hands from his shoulders and took a step back, "I understand. You still think ill of me. You don't want to have anything to do with me, "

Ye Hua was at a loss for words. Seeing her like this made Ye Hua want to find ways to please her. He could stand the gloomy expression on her face.

"I worked so hard to help you back in the mortal realm..." Bai Qian began to sniffle, "And now you don't want to see me again..."

Ye Hua freaked out, "Don't say that..."

"I see you still blame me for Mo Yuan—"

Ye Hua didn't let her finish that sentence, "I'll check up on you from time to time, "