Chapter 21

The cloud parted, and the sunlight streamed through the branches. The rain had stopped completely. They could have stayed there for hours.

Bai Qian gazed down at Ye Hua with her warm charcoal eyes. Her single smile was so alluring it could drive an entire city mad. Her body was tantalising, urging Ye Hua to grab her by her hips to meet with his lips.

Bai Qian leaned down. Her face was inches away from him, and she whispered his name in the most sensual tone possible. Ye Hua knew what she wanted, whether or not he wanted to give it to her.

Blood roared down to his pants. She was so close, so tempting. Ye Hua grabbed her by the shoulder and said, "Can you get off of me?"

Bai Qian blinked like she didn't expect that answer. Ye Hua gently nudged her off him. He got up and brushed the dirt off his robe.

Bai Qian remained sitting on the ground, tilting her head in confusion. She looked at her surroundings, "Did you stop the rain?"

"No, you did," Ye Hua said.

"I can do that?" She asked in bewilderment.

Ye Hua nodded. He had cast no spell to stop the rain. That burst of magic had come from her. And he pretty much knew why.

Ye Hua turned to see Bai Qian pointing two of her fingers at the sky, mimicking the move Ye Hua made earlier.

Ye Hua grabbed her wrist and dragged it down.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Making it rain, "

"You can't do that," Ye Hua said, "that is an extremely high-level spell."

"But you did it so effortlessly, "

Ye Hua raised his eyebrow at her, "I had a lot of practice, "

Bai Qian's expression turned sheepish, "Sorry about that, "

Ye Hua brushed it aside, "You're not a celestial dragon anyway, your magic isn't meant for it, "

"So what do nine-tailed foxes specialise in?" She asked.

"Your aunt didn't teach you?" Ye Hua asked.

"All my aunt taught me were basic spells, nasty tricks, and seduction magic, " she listed down, "Which never seems to work on you, "

"That mainly because I had controlled all of my five desires and six senses 五欲六尘, " Ye Hua said proudly.

Bai Qian rolled her eyes. She spun around: "There must be something else I specialise in other than illusions and tricks. How did I stop the rain just now?"

Despite hunting them for so long, Ye Hua didn't know much about nine-tailed foxes. All he knew were devious spells and illusions.

"Qing Qui was a land of fertile soil and lush forest. Therefore, fox spirits are ingrained with nature, " Ye Hua said, "That's why you could stop the rain from becoming a flood. That is to a small degree, "

"My aunt never taught me this, " Bai Qian nodded, "But I figured out how to use magic before in the peach orchard to help the plants grow, "

That would explain why they didn't get affected by the famine much and had extra food to spare for the villagers. But to maintain magic like this throughout the seasons is extremely exhausting, how on earth did she do it?

Bai Qian clutched his sleeves and looked at him with wonder, "What else can I do?"

Ye Hua gently nudged her hands away from him, "I'm not sure. It's better if you asked Zhe Yan, "