Chapter 20

Ye Hua woke up in his bed in Zi Chen Hall. He was surprised to find Le Xu kneeling by his bedside clutching his hand.

"Mother?" He groaned as he pulled himself up.

His mother jolted awake immediately. A look of relief appeared on her face when she saw him, "Oh thank the heavens, you had me worried sick!"

She gave him a bone-crushing hug. "I'm never going to scold you again, " she swore.

Ye Hua pulled away from his mother, "You had every right to scold me. My behaviour is unacceptable these days, "

He looked down, "I have a lot of amends to make, "

His mother smiled, "And I'll help you, "

Ye Hua managed to catch his second uncle at the Southern Gate before he left for the North Sea.

"Er Shu, wait," he called out.

They paused in their footsteps. Shang Ji had a grim expression on his face while his wife hid behind him when they saw him.

"What do you want, Ye Hua?" he said.

Ye Hua put his hand together and bowed, "I wish to apologise for my rudeness to you and especially to your wife, "

He bowed lower, "I had no excuse for my behaviour. I deeply regret my actions. I hope you'll forgive me, "

His uncle tucked his hands into his sleeves, "Did my brother ask you to do this?"

"No," Ye Hua said, "I do this of my own will, "

Shao Xin slowly stepped out of her husband's arms. She placed her hand on top of Ye Hua and gestured to him to rise.

"I heard you lost your brother recently, the high god Mo Yuan," she said.

Ye Hua nodded.

"I understand why you lashed out," she said, "I know the pain of losing my loved one."

"It still doesn't excuse my behaviour towards you," Ye Hua admitted.

"I used to work as a maid in the Nine-Tailed Fox clan's household. The high god Mo Yuan always came there for tea. He and my masters are good friends, " she said, "I know he's a good man, and so you are, "

"I am nothing compared to my brother," Ye Hua said.

"Nonsense," she said, "You apologise for your wrongdoings. It is a rare trait among men. He taught you well, "

"I am deeply sorry for what I said. In fact, I don't think ill of your marriage. You are a kind woman. My uncle is lucky to have you, "

Sang Ji stepped closer to them and placed his hand around his wife's shoulders. "Indeed, I am, "

"A love that you're willing to risk everything for is rare," Ye Hua added, "If only I am as lucky as you, "

Shao Xin took a deep breath, "I forgive you, Ye Hua. You are a good man, and you deserve a love like that too,"

Ye Hua may have deserved it, but that didn't mean he should.

He bowed, "Thank you for your forgiveness, Er Shen 二婶(second aunt), "

She smiled and turned to her husband, "Darling, I think I had found my favourite nephew, "

Ye Hua had found Su Jin where she always had been, lingering around his palace. Seriously, didn't she have other things to do?

Ye Hua pushed that thought away. He was here to make amends, not to insult her.

"Ye Hua!" She exclaimed when she saw him. Su Jin ran up to him. Ye Hua instinctively took a step back. Su Jin readjusted her composure, "Su Jin greets Prince Ye Hua,"