PART 14 Kelton James

Completely caught off guard, I thought I had just miss heard. It wasn’t until his arms were no longer around me but between us, pushing me away, that I stopped. I turned over and laid on my back next to him, letting my heart rate go back to normal. I tried to think of what I did wrong to make him want to stop. But I couldn’t think of anything. 

“I’m sorry.”

I sat up on my elbow and looked down at him. He was still just lying on his back staring at the ceiling. 

“For what? You didn’t do anything wrong. I thought I had…”

He finally looked me in the eyes. I could see the anguish on his face. 

“You were fine, great. But like you said I’m not “emotionally” ready.” 

I now understood the distressed look on his face. He was internally divided. Part of him wanting me and the other half fighting all of it. I laid back down.

“I guess I should apologize too.”

“For what?”

“I knew better…I shouldn’t have pushed you like that.”

He let out a slight laugh and I could imagine him grinning. I was relieved that I helped brighten his mood.

“It’s ok, I forgive you.”

“And I forgive you. And I won’t push the topic again.”

“Can we finish the movie now?”

“Sure.”

After resetting the movie to where we left off, I laid back down on my bed. I wanted to give Skye his space. He watched me as I laid down and then just stared at me for a moment. With a slight smirk on his face he jumped up and, crawling over me, laid down behind me and wrapped his arms around me. 

“Much more comfortable.”

-------------

I woke up in bed, it was quiet as could be, and it was dark out. It felt like any other early morning, until I realized I had fallen asleep in Skye’s arms while watching TV. I looked over at the clock and it read 7:00pm.

“Shit!”

I jumped out of bed. I couldn’t believe I had fallen asleep. I found my cell phone and called Skye to apologize. 

“Hello?”

He sounded really confused.

“Skye?”

“Yeah?”

“I’m so sorry I fell asleep! Are you back at home?”

“No.”

That took me by surprise.

“Where are you?”

“Right here!”

At that moment he walked into the bedroom, hanging up his cell phone. I just smiled.

“Oh!”