Chapter 5- Soobin

Soobin's POV

Soobin was a weird kid.

Sometimes, he felt like running around and screaming about his love for bread (I know irl he doesn't like bread that much anymore, but let's pretend in this fic that he does 😔), while other times he just felt like hiding behind his humongous bread plushie. 

Soobin considered himself an ambivert. An ambivert is someone whose personality has both the characteristics of an extrovert and introvert (I know irl Soobin is an introvert, but this is a fanfic and I make my own rules here 😌💅)

Right now, Soobin felt very excited. The King and Queen announced that there is another Prince that is supposed to take the throne. Soobin just finished giving his teacher his dna sample, and is now hopping excitedly in his seat.

What if it is me?!?

Soobin quickly wiped that thought from his mind.

It is really unlikely that it is me, so stop dreaming Soobin!

Soobin straightened his back and put on his 'focus on the teacher' face. He was paying close attention to whatever words were come out of his mouth, but suddenly he heard a loud shriek of laughter fill the air. 

He looked over to his right and saw Hueningkai laughing at him. Soobin raised an eyebrow at him, basically asking 'What are you laughing at now?' Hueningkai tried to stop his laughter, but he ended up laughing even more. Soobin couldn't help but smile at Hueningkai. 

Even though Hueningkai was a year younger than Soobin, they were in the same grade. Hueningkai was smart for his age and got promoted to the next grade when he was young. 

"The face you made was really funny Soobinnie, you looked constipated for second," Hueningkai managed to say, bursting into a fit of giggles again. 

Hueningkai was one of Soobin's few friends in the castle. You heard me right, I did say castle. Soobin and Hueningkai work as servants in the castle. 

Sometimes they would wash the dishes, or maybe they would set up tables for guests. You would think that living in the palace means that you could see the King and Queen everyday, well that's where you are wrong. Soobin and Hueningkai have never met the King and Queen.

Instead, they have met other wonderful people living inside the castle. You see, Soobin's lived with his grandfather in the palace for most of his life. His parents disappeared for some unknown reason when Soobin wasn't even a year old. His grandfather took custody of him after their disappearance. 

Soobin's grandfather was a baker, which played a big role with Soobin's obsession for bread. After the tragic death of his grandfather, Soobin didn't have any parental figure to guide him. It was hard for him, but at least he had a place to live and friends to talk to. 

Soobin and Hueningkai became friends when he was 10, and the latter was 9. They bonded easily and have stayed friends since then. They went to school together, which was inside the palace. Now let's go back to the current situation. 

Hueningkai was still giggling a full minute after Soobin made a 'constipated face.' Somehow the teacher didn't realize.

"Huening, shut up or else I'll make you shut up!" Soobin said ✨trustratedly✨.

"Ohh, what do you mean hyung?" Hueningkai said while wiggling his gorgeous eyebrows in an obnoxious way. Hueningkai had stopped laughing, and instead had a smirk plastered on his face. 

"Eww not like that Huening, you know what I meant!" Soobin replied back with a disgusted face, softly smacking HueningKai on his back. Hueningkai just started laughing again. Soobin joined him, not caring about how his peers would react. Turns out their classmates didn't hear anything from the two gums because everyone was talking with each other. Everyone had their own friend group at this school. 

The blaring sound of the bell went off which led to everyone scrambling to collect their things and leave their final class of the day. Soobin and Hueningkai walked out of the class together like they always do. Today they were heading to a small restaurant hidden within the castle. It was a small but sweet restaurant that brought back many emotional memories for the two people.

"Do you remember what happened when we first sat here together?" Hueningkai asked Soobin. Soobin nodded his head, "Of course I do."

 •<><><><><><><><><><>•

When 10 year old Soobin first found out about his grandfather's death, he went to this restaurant and cried his heart out. This is where Kai and Soobin first met. 

Kai was walking around the restaurant when suddenly he heard crying noises. He looked around and found the person who was crying. Kai looked at the bread plushie that he was holding in his own hands, then he glanced back at the boy crying at the table. He waddled to the secluded table Soobin was sitting at, and gently rubbed soothing circles on his hands.

 Soobin jolted up in his seat, and Hueningkai got a better look at who was crying. Dried tears painted the boy's sullen face. "Why are you crying?" Hueningkai asked Soobin in a voice as smooth as silk.

"M-mm-my gr-rand-father p-passed," little Soobin said in between sniffles. 

Before you could even say 'Lachimolala,' Hueningkai had his small and delicate arms wrapped around Soobin's quivering figure. Soobin basked in the warmth he was given by this angel. 

"Don't be sad, it doesn't suit your face. By the way, my name is Hueningkai! What is your name?" 

Soobin looked up at the angelic boy, Hueningkai, and smiled for the first time in forever. "My name is Choi Soobin."

Hi guys!

Did you enjoy this chapter?

What do you think of Soobin's backstory?

Stay safe, happy, and healthy everyone, luv you lots ❤️