38:: New Relationships And Purane Dost

Start from the beginning

"So, you are telling me that your phone rang and she ran away?" I asked, still recovering from the laugh, "and she, not even once, threw herself on you?"

While I laughed, Raj drank his whole glass, lost in some serious thoughts. My brother's ego just got wounded. Not once he would have ever imagined a girl running away from him while he tried kissing her.

"My dear bhabhi ji is too shy for you, man," I stated before taking a sip from my glass.

"She is not shy," Raj said and filled in another glass of whiskey, "she is just not attracted to me yet and now, I will handle it my usual way," he chuckled and gulped the whole glass down his throat.

I shook my head as Raj walked up to the door of my bedroom.

"Where to, brother?" I asked, leaning against the wall.

"There is a lot to be done before the wedding night," Raj chuckled without turning to face me. I raised my glass in the air as he walked out.

Great! Now Miss Simarpreet, bach sakti ho toh bacho because Raj is quite irresistible when he decides to label someone as 'his girl.' Three weeks and you will be madly and deeply in love with him.

~~~HUSSAIN's POV~~~

The driver decided to take us from a longer root so we could do some sight seeing. Abhi kuch mahino pehle toh ghooma tha London. Why can't I get to her as soon as possible?

I disinterestedly looked out of the window, thinking about the only person, when my eyes fell on a similar figure.

"Stop!" I yelled and the driver quickly pulled over.

"You need a bag, sir?" He asked, worried, "please don't throw up in my car."

I raised my eyebrow in confusion and then burst out laughing.

"I am not car sick," I informed him and stepped out.

Aaj Itne saalo baad Woh yahaan?

~~~MALVIKA's POV~~~

"I'll take one double chocolate frappé and a mocha, thanks," Zoya, as always, placed my order for me and I smiled at her. This habit of her's reminds me of my sister.

"So, did you read my article?" She asked me while digging into my strawberry cheesecake. We were here for a late evening snack after work.

"No," I lied. I read it five times in the sample magazine while my driver drove me here- it was about Raj, after all. No matter how much I tried, I just couldn't get over him. Sadly...

"Oh come on," she cried with her mouth full, "I just got promoted because of that. You gotta read it, babes!"

Ignoring her, I leaned forward and cleaned her hair. Being promoted as a head writer in London's biggest Desi Celeb magazine was just not going to help her eating habits.

"Malvika Arora?" I heard a deep male voice calling my name. Please don't be a cheesy fan, I internally prayed before looking up.

No. It wasn't some cheesy fan but, The Hussain Asif himself. Wait! He still remembers me?

"Hussain!" I got off my chair hugged him.

"Wow, never thought I would find you here!" He smiled and took a seat on our table, "you look different. No glasses and finally- Makeup!"

A small giggled escaped my lips as I rolled my eyes at him.

"We would have met earlier but the last time you came, I was in India," I said, looking around at all the other familiar faces, "my sister just graduated."

"Congrats," Shehry smiled, "but how would have we met you earlier?" He asked.

"Oh, I was scheduled to interview you guys for Dil Se magazine," I told them, while taking a sip from my frappé. It tastes so delicious.

"But what brings you here?" I asked.

"Raj's wedding," Atif said casually like it was no big deal. Waqas nudged his shoulder and muttered something. Right! Now they will treat me like a poor broken doll.

"You were dating him, right?" Hussain asked, taking a cup from the guy I have never met before, "the last time we met in Uni?"

"You dated who?!" Zoya, who was too shocked until now, chocked on her hot drink. I gave her a brief look and then shook my head.

"Your dad is a dangerous man," the guy who brought the cups, casually took my hand and kissed the back of it, "because he created a bomb. I am Adeel, by the way," he winked slyly.

That was creepy, hurtful and cheesy at the same time.

"Was," I corrected him, "My dad passed away three years ago," I told him blankly and then turned to Hussain, "You really thought it was going to last?" I questioned back.

Hussain shook his head, "you are right," he sighed, "I told you that you were going for a wrong man."

I looked away for a brief moment, instantly regretting not listening to him years ago.

"I paid for it Hussain. I paid," I confessed, "it took two lives for me to understand his dirty game."

No one said anything.

"Well, Who cares anymore?" I faked a smile, "now he is marrying someone much more prettier than me and if not prettier, then someone with more money, than I ever had, to persuade his father. That bitch has no idea what she is preparing herself for. That ugly bit-"

"Can you stop calling her that?" Hussain yelled out of nowhere, making Zoya and I jump back in our seats.

"Easy," Aisha whispered and Hussain lowered his eyes.

He ran a hand through his hair and apologised, telling me everything from the very beginning.

It's funny how he, being much more popular and wanted by girls, compared to Raj, is so humble and sensitive. And then, there is Raj; a heartless Moron.

~~~PREET's POV~~~

"Bhabhi, please," I whispered as veerji left the room, "stop ignoring me."

Mehek bhabhi stared at me for a few seconds before walking out of the room. I kept calling after her in a hushed tone so no one would notice something fishy. When she didn't stop, I followed her, only to realise that she was going into my room.

I closed the door the moment I got inside. "Ab aap kahi nahi jaa sakte," I told her and she took a seat on the bed.

"Main yahaan se jaane ke liye andar nahi ayi hu," she said blankly.

I took the cue and silently sat down, next to her. When even after ten minutes, she chose to stay quite, I decided to speak. "Sorry," was all I could manage.

"Why are you apologising?" She looked and frowned at me, "falling in love is not a mistake, Preet and I know this because I have loved your brother since I was in grade eleven. You can't control that feeling, bacha."

"Then why are you upset with me?" I asked.

"I am not upset, Preet," Bhabhi reached out and held my hand, "I just can't figure out a way to help you," she sighed.

"Help? I don't need any help," I whispered, "I am here to get married and that's what is going to happen. This is the least I owe daarji for all he has ever done for me."

Bhabhi shook her head, "tujhe bhagane wali nahi thi main," she giggled, "I meant emotional help. No one is going to accept that guy and this marriage will take place. How are you going to handle all this?"

Kya mom ki eyes main bhi Hota- The concern I see in her eyes? Kash Woh aaj yahaan hoti. I need you mom. No one can be my support like you can. Please guide me through this.

"I will- don't worry," I assured bhabhi with a smile, "aaj nahi toh kal- Bhool jaungi usse."

Aur shayad Raj ko accept bhi kar lu?

~~~~

Aggrr! So annoyed that I couldn't get them to meet in this chapter but engagement day par dhamake wali entry toh banti hai na? :p xp