Chapter 24:: I Wanted To Trust Him

New cover!!!! :D

~~~HUSSAIN'S POV~~~

"You don't get it, do you?" She spat through her gritted teeth while I still held on to her arm quite firmly.

"No I don't," I hissed at her.

"I am not ready!" She yelled, keeping her voice as low as possible, "to open up to anyone. To you! I can't have you pitying me."

"Funny, isn't it? You can count on me when it comes to your biggest fear or when you need help but you can't trust me. I am here, genuinely trying to help you but, all you seem to do is hate me and-"

"I don't hate you!" Her voice broke as she looked up to meet my eyes, "I just don't have the answers to your questions."

"Really?" I asked in disbelief and she lowered her eyes.

"If I tell you one thing, it will lead to another and no one got time to hear my sob story." She managed to say, "I don't have the strength to... Recall everything."

"Like I said earlier- I am all ears," I smiled, "and I promise to hear you out without even blinking once even after the sun shows up on us. And I promise to be your strength tonight."

"Why are you so concerned?" A drop of tear escaped her eyes and I reached out to wipe it off her cheek.

"Because at times all I see in your eyes is pain and anger," I sucked in a deep breath and looked down at my toes, "trust me, this is only going to benefit you," I looked up to meet her eyes so she could see that I wasn't lying. I actually meant each and every word.

"I am here today and I will be gone tomorrow," I continued without taking my eyes off her's, "Opening up to a stranger is easier than someone you love. You don't have to be scared of being judged. Try me. I won't let you down."

"You are not a stranger, Hussain," she said quietly.

"But you don't love me either," I don't know why a sharp pain rose in my chest.

"You are not giving up, are you?" She sighed.

"No. Not tonight," I placed my hand on her's because I wanted her to know that I am there for her. I wanted to be there for her. She stared deep into my eyes for a couple of seconds as if trying to read my real Intensions. Her eyes were moist again but this time she looked away.

"Hussain, if this is a time pass for you the-" a small gasp escaped her lips as my grip around her hand tightened. She looked down at it like she didn't even know it was there in first place. She sighed and reluctantly wrapped her fingers around mine.

~~~PREET's POV~~~

I watched our hands quietly, unable to think straight. How sure can I be that what I see in his eyes is true and not a mask? But then again, what were the chances that it is a mask and not the truth? I trust him. I wanted to trust him. That gorgeous pair of eyes can not lie.

Closing my eye, I gulped down the tight knot in my throat. I am not sure where can I exactly start from. I have never had a guy friend before and though I have male cousins living under the same roof as me, it was still awkward opening up to Hussain. Especially with his eyes boring into my skin like they would burn a hole through me any moment.

Looking away, I began with the first thing I wanted him to know, "you love your mom?" I asked him.

"Preet, it's not- yes. Yes, I do. A lot," I could feel curvy lines forming on his forehead.

"I don't," I whispered, not wanting to admit this. Who on earth doesn't love their mother? He must think that I am a b*tch to say that. But, then his words came swirling into my head- you don't have to be scared of being judged.