Chapter 48:: I Love You Marte Dum Tak

~~~PREET's POV~~~

"Don't worry the patient is now out of danger," the nurse assured us and we all sighed in relief, "it was a mild heart attack and it's good that you brought him here on time."

I wiped the tears that had welled up in my eyes and hugged Rajveer veer Ji. He had been by my side for these past three hours. We brought daar Ji here after he fell on the floor, pressing his hand against his chest and sweating like crazy. By the time we reached his room, after Kashish bhabhi came outside, yelling, he had fainted but, thanks to Aisha's quick response. While my mind was numb after seeing daarji so lifeless, Aisha called for an ambulance.

"However, he is quite weak now and I would suggest that you don't do anything that would cause him more stress," the nurse continued.

Of course that was bound to happen. Meri life main kuch seedhe se ho jaye- aisa toh ho hi nahi sakta. Now there is no way I would talk to daar Ji about Hussain. I can't give him any sort of stress.

"liquid diets only and he will be discharged in a few hours. Just some final tests and then he is good to go," the nurse said and papa Ji along with Rajveer veerji went with her to pay for the treatment and collect the discharge papers.

"He was fine this morning- I wonder what happened all of a sudden?" Kashish bhabhi shook her head, "tu bhi toh mili thi na unse, Preet?"

"When? No," I frowned at her, "I was in my room the whole time and came out for breakfast only."

"Strange," she ran a hand through her hair and sat back on her seat, "after the morning prayer, he told me that he had to talk to you about something."

Aisi kya baat thi? And Why was he so stressed that it landed him here?

I rubbed my forehead with my hand and sat on the closest chair that I could find. Covering my mouth with my hand to stop myself from crying, I shut my eyes tightly.

Rajveer Veerji came up to me and knelt down next to my legs. "Don't worry- he will be fine," he passed me a weak, "look he will be discharged soon too," he showed me the papers.

He caressed my hair but, when I didn't look up, he whispered, "don't loose hope- we will talk to him."

"No stress," I told him, "The nurse said no stress and you dare not say any thing to him," I said sternly and walked out.

"Preet wait!" I heard Asmaara calling but, I didn't stop. Kyun meri life main sab theek hote hote kharab ho jata hai?

I pretty sure that I am cursed.

~~~HUSSAIN's POV~~~

Staying at home wasn't helping much. All I could think about was Preet's grandfather's health. Woh kaise honge and most importantly; Preet kaisi hogi? After all, he means the world to her.

I decided to not waste anymore time and headed to the hospital. Yes, bhai wouldn't have let me go so I had to sneak out and grab a taxi.

"Emergency case- heart patient," I informed the lady at the reception.

She smiled and scanned her computer's screen.

"Mr Grewal?" She asked and I nodded.

"Go straight and then on your left. Room number 5," she said but, before I could follow the instructions, I saw Preet coming my way and behind her was Asmaara. She turned towards the emergency exit, where the staircase is located, and I stopped Asmaara from following.

"Hussain?" Asmaara frowned, "tum yahaan?"

"Yeah woh Preet ko dekhne aaya tha," I told her, rubbing the back of my neck and she pulled my cheek.