Chapter 06:: Knight In The Shining Armour

****PREET's POV****

"Chalo jaane do, ab chodo bhi. Kuch apni kaho, kuch meri suno!" Asmaara and Bani effortlessly screwed up a song from one of my favourite childhood movies, Bhoothnath. Jess and Paige's humming made the song sound a whole lot worse.

These girls were trying to make me feel better after the café incident but their singing was really going to burst my ear drums. Asmaara, being on the wheel, kept winking at me from the rear view mirror as Jess tickled me. I am usually very ticklish but there are moments like these when I feel nothing but anger. Now when I think back to that very moment I walked away, I feel like killing myself for sparing that badass.

Ok, I know that the fall might have been an accident, but who acts like that especially when it's clear that it was their fault?

I was busy ignoring their craziness when the car took a rather abrupt u turn. Banging my head on the tinted glass window, I winced.

"Watch out!" Paige cried before the car finally came to stop.

"What the hell, Asmaara?!" Bani yelled as everyone stepped out of the car.

"I don't even understand what just happened," Asmaara was shivering and so were everyone else.

There were nails which had dug into the fine black tires of our car.

"Confused?" A heavy voice brushed past my ears, making me jump around.

A tanned, old looking man stood in front of me. He was not that tall but quite large. He had a crooked smile and weird tattoos all over his arms. The guy next to him looked a lot younger and had large biceps and a very uncomfortable smirk. He was much taller and stronger than all of us.

I gulped the knot in my throat and decided to speak on the group's behalf. I just wished that these guys were not what they looked like; thugs.

"Give us the money!" The younger one said before I had a chance to say something.

All five of us exchanged looks, not sure how they found out about the money.

"What money?" I asked, trying to look confident.

"The one you withdrew from the ATM," he smiled and took a few steps closer.

They have been following us for hours?!

I reached for my phone but then I remembered how I chucked it on the bed before leaving. Mentally face palming myself, I looked at the girls.

"And even if you don't have the money," the tanned one proudly displayed his broken teeth, "I think we will manage with one of you tonight."

My eyes widened at his words and my heart was surly in my throat. What does he mean by that?!

"Actually, on the second thought," the other one passed me an evil smile before getting his dirty hands on around my wrist, "I think I like you."

I tried pulling away with as much force as I could apply and the girls tried their best too but, these guys were way too strong to handle. The tanned guy pulled out an old, rusty gun, which I doubt was actually working, and asked the girls to move away. They were forcefully dragging me across the road, towards their car, when a warm hand firmly clasped around my elbow and the other threw a punch at the tanned guy.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw who was there to rescue me.

****HUSSAIN's POV****

"Shame on you, dude!" Bhai yelled at me, "how could you behave like this?!"

I didn't say anything and kept staring out of the window, unable to look into bhai' eyes. I know I was rude and the fall was my fault but how could she talk to me like that?