Chapter 14:: Pack Your Bags We Are Leaving

Hey Dhoomies!
My next exam is four days from now so I decided to write a quick chapter. Enjoy :)

~~~PREET'S POV~~~

"K then, we will be back in 10 minutes," I heard Shehry say as I approached the group. He slightly nodded at me when he saw me coming over and then turned around.

Waqas, Adeel and he were going to get something for us to eat as no one was in the mood for cooking. I joined the circle around the bonfire but my mind kept traveling back to what happened throughout the day today. I sighed loudly, thanking God for keeping me alive.

I reluctantly turned my head around, searching Hussain. Where is this guy? I kept asking myself. I thought he was right behind me and now he is nowhere to be seen. A part of me was glad but a part of me also wanted him here. Weird right?

"Kisse dhoond rahi hai?" Asmaara's voice brushed past my ears.

"Hus-" I partially blurted but paused in the middle, "uhh.. No-no one.. I-I am just fascinated by the night sky," I forced a smile and rested my head on her leg. I was tired.

Really tired.

"Haan bhai haan," Asmaara chuckled and I frowned at her. What's that supposed to mean?

"lets just say, I am glad that you two are finally getting along," she winked as I looked at her, dumbfounded.

I was too tired to talk so I simply ignored the chuckle and sighed again. I heard everyone chattering while I found it hard to keep my eyes open. All the boys came back after a while and everyone dug into the take away containers but I was not hungry. I just cuddled Asmaara's leg and swam to the world of darkness.

~~~HUSSAIN'SPOV~~~

After spending almost half an hour inside my room with my face buried in my palms, I decided go out. I still couldn't process what I just did. She doesn't like me, woh uska problem hai but who am I to treat her like this?

Everyone was laughing and chatting and having fun without me. I cringe my nose at the site. Mere dost mere bina hi masti kar rahe hain. As I approached the group I realised that there was a thin figure lying on the floor, next to Asmaara. No doubt it was Preet. A wave of guilt washed over me again. She looked so innocent, so peaceful like this. I shouldn't have lost my temper.

"Kuch kha le, get up Preet," Asmaara whispered in Preet's ears but she just shrugged her shoulder, adjusting her position.

"Nohh," she groaned in a whispering tone.

Everyone chuckled at the sight and focused on the food again.

After hours of continuous talks on random things, we all decided to head back in and soon everyone drifted into deep sleep.

~
~~morning~~
~

I uncomfortably shuffled in my bed as a golden ray of light pierced through my eyelids every now and then. I heard a slight chuckle but that's all I could hear. I was too sleepy to groan and too tired to wake up already.

I slightly parted my skin and peaked through the blurry morning as another ray filed the room. It entered through the curtains on Preet's side as she brushed her hand across them. She slowly turned her head in my direction and lifted the curtain again. The direct sun was too harsh to handle so I unintentionally squinted my eyes in response. A slight giggle echoed in the room again. It made more sense now; every time I squinted my eyelids, she giggled. How is this amusing for a girl in her twenty's?

She released the curtain and I relaxed my eyes again, slightly turning in the other direction.

"Why so cute, Mr Hussain Asif? Kissi girls college se guzare toh aanth dus ko ghayal kar de," I heard a low whisper as I bit my tongue to stop myself from laughing. I actually wanted to hear this.