"Don't know?"
Jay spluttered as he walked towards their teacher with his arms flailing all over the place.
"You're Sensei! You always know. You have a long white beard!"
He trailed off, unable to think of anything else, and resorting to gestures as an attempt to express his point.

 "There must be some message to learn. A lesson. A word of wisdom. Just a word? Something?"
Kai looked to the old man in desperation, who only looked up in sadness and shook his head, still unable to say anything that could provide as any comfort to his students.

 "For once, I'm afraid there is nothing to learn. Only that evil has won."

There has to be something, I hate seeing everyone like this
Y/n muttered inside of her head, glancing to Lloyd who looked back at her to signal that he had gotten her message. His hold on her slipped, hand trailing down to grasp her own and give it a comforting squeeze.

They just need a pep talk, help me get closer to them
He replied, before slowly moving his arm back around her so that the pink ninja could help him limp towards the group who all looked disheartened in their own ways.

"If Sensei doesn't have a lesson, then I do."
Lloyd's voice caught everyone's attention, and Y/n let go to walk to the others so that she could look at him as he spoke.
"I used to be nothing but trouble, but then I met you guys. You took me in. Showed me the importance of being brave, the importance of being strong. And most importantly, being good."
He limped forward and accidentally put weight on his injured leg, had Y/n not have ran forward immediately to catch him, he would have fallen down. With her support he was able to stand up straight again, his best friend keeping her arms around him in order to keep him upright as he got closer to the group.

"When this battle first began, when the First Spinjitzu Master fought the Overlord and his back was up against the wall and he knew it was all over, did he quit? No. He found a way to keep the fight going. He passed his Elemental Powers to us. Of all people, a bunch of kids. But there must have been a reason he chose us."

His gaze moved to Y/n, a smile tugging the corner of his mouth as he saw the look of awe she was currently giving him,
"I'd like to think it's because he knew we'd never back down, we'd never give up. We've learned the ancient ways of the ninja. And ninja never quit."

He chuckled as Y/n let go of him to clap, cheering loudly for a brief moment before she yelped as she noticed the blonde boy almost falling over once she let go of him.

Kai cracked a smile, shaking his head to get rid of all negativity he was feeling from before,
"He's right. If that means we have to swim the sea to get off this island, then so be it."
To express his point he walked straight to the water's edge, the others following behind him with uneasy expressions.

"The entire ocean?"
Jay questioned as he looked to the water with a groan.
"But I didn't bring my floaties."

Y/n shot him a look,
"You think that's bad? I never learned how to swim in general!"

"Me neither actually,"
Lloyd piped up from next to her, watching Kai groan as he kicked the water, taking his frustrations out on something.

"Anyone got a plan?"
The pink ninja asked, looking around each person, but no one could think of a plan they could excecute on the spot. Well, that was until Zane brightened up as he pointed towards the sky. Everyone's eyes followed the direction he was pointing to, smiles spreading across their faces as they found their token of good look.