🎄𝐶ℎ𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑚𝑎𝑠 𝑆𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑙 𝑃𝑡 2🎄

There were five days till Christmas and the weather took a turn for the worst

There were five days till Christmas and the weather took a turn for the worst. What was once a mere flurry of snow suddenly transformed into a blizzard. Unfortunately this meant that several stores closed early since the owners struggled to travel, and meant that Lloyd spent more time than he would have liked, outside in the cold.

However, unlike most people, he was unfazed by the cold weather, since he was a wielder of the ice element. The snow blurred his vision though, and although he had no problem with the temperature, the state of the weather did a number on his eyesight.

"Man, almost all the stores are closed,"
he muttered, pulling the collar of his winter coat over his chin as the clumps of snow struck his face at a force so hard, it felt like hail.
"At this rate I'll never find her anything for Chri-"

He cut himself off as a light appeared in his peripheral vision. It was a little blurred due to the low visibility from the storm, but it was a light nonetheless. Turning towards it, the blond haired teen started jogging towards the store, seeing the light reflect off the snow that fell and become brighter the closer he got towards it.

Without a second of hesitation, he swung the door open and ran inside, making sure to close the door behind him, startling the old man who sat behind the counter of the store, looking at a small item through a special lens.

"Welcome my boy, you must be crazy if you decided to shop in this weather"
He chuckled, and Lloyd couldn't help but let out an awkward chuckle as he shook the snow off of his head.

"Well if crazy is what you call it, then I guess I'm crazy"
He shrugged, walking towards a cabinet and looking at the contents.

"Is there anything I can interest you in? Is it for a sister? A Mother?"
The old man looked at Lloyd from the corner of his eye, eyebrow raising as he saw him shake his head. A crooked smile crossed the man's face and he turned around, polishing the gemstone he held.
"Then I assume it's for a lover"

"Wait what no"
Lloyd let out a strange noise from his throat at the assumption, cheeks growing hot as he turned around and shook his head.
"It's for...It's...it's not like that—"
Stumbling over his words like a clumsy toddler, Lloyd made a bunch of hand gestures as he tried to explain his point, eventually giving up and putting his hands by his sides as he took a moment to calm himself.
"She's a friend, a good friend. She's my best friend"

"I see, a best friend"
The old man repeated, the look in his eyes clearly showing that he doubted the teen's words.
"They're all in denial these days"
He mumbled to himself with a sigh, removing the eyepiece and placing the gemstone back into its case. He walked at his own pace towards the teenage boy, who was trying to distract himself with the jewellery that was around him, but all attempts at calming his flaming face failed. Looking at each piece of jewellery made him think more about Y/n. The more he thought about her, the more the old man's words tormented him.