Chapter 28

Lloyd closed his eyes, gritting his teeth before he looked over his shoulder to Y/n who seemed relatively surprised at his sudden outburst

Lloyd closed his eyes, gritting his teeth before he looked over his shoulder to Y/n who seemed relatively surprised at his sudden outburst. Hearts started beat in sync, both feeling their heart rates start to increase quickly and feel the same pit of bubbling emotions starting to rise from their stomachs.
"I–"

"Hey what happened"
Lloyd was cut off as Kai spoke up, and he felt Y/n shift from behind him to prop her head onto his shoulder.

"Woah, they've stopped moving"
She pointed out and Lloyd looked around them to notice that the many stone warriors that were originally on the edge of bringing them down, had halted their attacks completely. The blond boy couldn't hold back the feeling of disappointed me felt in that moment, being so close to getting out words that he wanted to say to Y/n.
It's okay though,
he thought to himself, mumbling under his breath. After all, he could tell her later.

At that moment, Kozu stood up straight and turned away from them.
"All hail the Brown Ninja! What do you command?"

" Brown Ninja?"
Jay echoed, and he looked to the others to double check that he had heard the stone warrior correctly.

Y/n squinted slightly as she went into thought, confusion evident on her face.

"Last time I checked we don't have a brown nin–"
She paused as the realisation settled in and a look of terror crossed her face
"–wait no you have got to be kidding me not Dar-"
Y/n shrieked as she realised what had just happened, and looked over in the direction of the brown figure that was in the distance. Dareth stood proudly with a smug smile on his face...and the helmet on his head.

"Hehe, what's up, fellas? Looks like we all know who's in command now"

Cole sighed in relief then let out a laugh,
"The helmet controls the Army. Well done."

Jay hopped excitedly from foot to foot "Oh, that means we now stand a fighting chance."
He cheered, and the group could stand with a little more space to breath as Dareth commanded them to stop surrounding the group so closely.

Lloyd looked up to the top of the tower where The Overlord was perched in his true form.
"We need to get to the top of that fortress. I may not be able to get there by myself, but with everyone's help, we can face him."

Y/n grinned and gave him an thumbs up, as though she wasn't literally in tears and going on about how they might die five minutes ago.
"Then let's go go"

The group activated their elemental blades and raised them as they shouted their battle cry. Dareth was entranced by the new weaponry that the four ninja had, and clapped his hands like an excited child.
"