☆ Chapter 4 ☆

"Wake up Zane, I know where you come from"

A voice spoke to the ninja of ice and startled him awake. The sudden arousal scared him awake, but he shrugged the shock off quickly, and proceeded to go to the control room as he would do on a normal morning.

"The hunt starts early today." He smiled, walking towards Nya and Sensei Wu who were both conversing with one another in the room. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, aside from the unusual quietness around the Bounty.

"The watchful eye never sleeps."
Wu replied with a smile, nodding his head to his student.

"As long as the serpentine and Lloyd are out there, no one in Ninjago is safe."
Nya piped up, walking to the monitors that were on the wall.

"Where are the others?"
Zane asked, looking to his teacher. Wu pointed out towards the deck, although the quiet atmosphere suggested otherwise. Regardless, Zane made his way there, and found nobody there but the falcon.

"I saw you in a dream little friend, last time I saw you it led me to good fortune. What reason have you returned?" He asked the bird, but it flew off before he could receive an answer. Distracted, Zane didn't notice the looming shadow behind him until he turned around and gasped. Behind him was none other than the dark lord they thought was no longer in this world. "Lord garmadon! but you were banished!"

"Only to return for the weapons of spinjistu."
Lord Garmadon growled, pulling out two katanas from behind his back.

"Soon I will have enough power to create Ninjago in my own image."

Garmadon charged at Zane, weapons raised and a dark intent to do some serious harm, as the ice ninja dodged the attacks and whipped out his shurikens of ice.

"Give me your shurikens of ice!"
Garmadon demanded.

"You'll have to take them from me!"
Zane countered, dodging Garmadon's strikes, one after the other. "Ninja-go!"

Zane perfomed spinjitsu, but before he could even lay a finger on the villain in front of him, Garmadon grabbed the white ninja and threw him into a pile of junk. Slightly dazed, Zane tried to reach for his shurikans, only to realise a little too late that they had been tossed away from him during the impact.

Garmadon cackled loudly, using one of the katanas in his hand to cut a nearby rope, causing boxes to start falling on top of the white ninja, but before they were able to crush Zane, two figures appeared in front of him. One dressed in green and one in pale pink, the green ninja being able to throw the boxes away before they reached the white ninja, whilst the pink one swung what looked like Cole's scythe onto the deck of the ship, sending shockwaves to Garmadons feet and making him stumble.