Chapter 22

All of you are so ??? nice to me ??? You're making me burst into tears when you compliment me and my writing guys

🥺🥺🥺 I love you all so much 💖💖💖

———
The Falcon squawked loudly, flying towards the horizon as Zane and Wu looked through binoculars and spotted the Dark Island in the distance. It's eery black aura seeping into the ocean that surrounded it.

Zane narrowed his eyes as he looked through the binoculars,
"Hmm, most peculiar. Yesterday there was just ocean, but now there is an island"

Wu let out a sigh,
"The Dark Island, Zane. And what I find more peculiar is after Ninjago City was attacked by the Stone Army, today they have vanished"

Zane lowered the binoculars and gave Wu an inquisitive look,
"Do you think they are on this Dark Island? Garmadon may be responsible"

Wu nodded, the frown on his features becoming more and more prominent as he watched the Dark Island slowly begin to grow.
"I fear that too. But what's most important is we have to find out what is on that island"

Zane looked thoughtful for a couple of moments as he lifted him his arm for his robotic bird to land on,
"Perhaps my Falcon can have a look"

He  said, sending the Falcon off to collect any visuals on what could be happening on the Dark Island. Whilst the two were focusing on that, Nya and the other Ninja were working on the Destiny's Bounty. Attempting to repair the broken and damaged rocket boosters.

Jay groaned in distaste as he got splashed with oil,
"Ugh, useless pile of junk"

Y/n snickered from below where she watched with Lloyd and Misako.
"Black isn't really your colour, leave that with Cole", she called up, only to recieve a glare in return from the blue ninja.

"Oh yeah? Well I'd like to see you try and fix this!"

Nya interrupted them as she groaned from the back of the ship where the boosters were,
"Oh, it's worse than I feared. The rotors on the starboard booster are completely destroyed. The port boosters are shot from the strain. Oh, sorry guys. She's not getting airborne anytime soon",
she told everyone, looking crestfallen at the fact they had lost chances of the ship being able to fly again.

Cole frowned,
"So if the Stone Army attacks again, we're sitting ducks"

"Quack"
Y/n nodded, walking up to her brother and standing next to him as he looked up to the ship.

Jay shook his head,
"Uh, ducks can fly, Cole. Weren't you listening?"

Groaning, Kai folded his arms with an angry huff,
"We just got our tails handed to us and we couldn't even stop one of them. Ugh, I hate feeling helpless",
he complained, throwing his head and looking at the sky.