Chapter 31

After I stepped into the portal, I felt as though I was falling again

After I stepped into the portal, I felt as though I was falling again. Only this time it didn't feel like I was being thrown down from the sky, it was peaceful, calm, slow. My eyes were closed and I couldn't seem to find the strength in myself to open them. It was strange, I've never felt this vulnerable before in my life.

My mother told me that I'd be going back to earth without any problems, but part of me felt as though that wasn't true. I mean, surely there was something I had to give up in order to be bought back to life, right? What happened to the law of equivalent exchange that I saw in all those anime's I watched?

Images of my mother flashed through my head once more, and I could feel my eyes becoming damp with warm tears that pricked the corners of my eyes. I never would have thought that I'd ever see her again, her or my Dad. They really looked out for me since I was a kid without me knowing, it made me feel happier, deep in my heart, knowing that I was never really abandoned that entire time.

I was still falling, my body being embraced by the same warmth as before when I was falling into the land of purgatory. This time though, I could feel the warmth absorbing itself into my body, flooding through my skin and around my blood, providing me with the strength I didn't know I needed.

Then I opened my eyes and wow, I wish I had opened them sooner whilst I was falling.

It felt like I was tumbling through a kaleidoscope, blurred boke and colours moving past me at incredible speeds as I continued to fall down to earth...As my soul fell down to earth.
I reached my hands out in front of me, noticing that the grey hue that they had become whilst my life source was drained, had returned to the normal skin tone I was. I ran a hand through my hair, feeling how it wasn't as wispy and frail as before, and catching glimpses of the colour it usually was, rather than the deathly shade of white it had turned.

I was really returning to earth, I was going back to Lloyd.

"Lloyd"
I murmured to myself, and a smile automatically crossed my face as images of us ran through my head.
I was going back to him, we were going to be together again, like I promised him I would be. I could practically feel the warmth of his hugs around my body just by thinking of him, and I clutched the fabric of my gi above my heart, able to feel my heart thudding rapidly against my ribcage.

Would our bond still remain?
Would my powers be the same?
What if I lost my powers after the fight?
So many questions that I would learn the answers to as soon as I came back to life in my own body, but to be frank I wasn't too apprehensive about the answers. I was going to be alive, I was going to be living and breathing and able to feel the world around me with my bare hands. I was going to be able to touch Lloyd, to hug Cole, to play fight with Kai and paint my nails with Nya. I was going to be able to bake with Zane again, and go comic book hunting with Jay. I was going to be able to have tea parties with Wu and listen to Misako tell me random stories and legends that she knew.