Chapter 20 ~ Do You Even Like Me?

Probably the last chapter for a while :(

Dedication: @cheerandzaddymyworld because your comment made me smile! Thank you! .xxx

__________________________

Chapter 20 ~ Do You Even Like Me?

[Louis' POV]

I sat there on the cold ground, staring at the spot where Harry's car had just been with a frown on my face. Did I really just say that I loved him? I tasted the words on my tongue again, repeating them in a whisper. "I love him, I love Harry."

Was it true? But what about my attempt to get rid of my feelings for him? Had I really failed so miserably that I did the opposite instead? The more I thought about it, the more scared I got that I actually did love him.

If it was true, it could only mean one thing, and it definitely wasn't positive. I would be in a hell of a lot of trouble. Not only would I hate myself for it, but my mother would without a doubt kill me if she found out. The thing was, I told her almost everything. We had been close to inseparable ever since we left my dad when I was only five years old. She was the only one I had, and I was the only one she had, so it would be pretty difficult to keep it from her.

I ran my hands over my face, breathing out a puff of air. It could've been seconds, minutes, or even hours since Harry left, but I remained in the same place, staring at nothing whatsoever. Harry's blanket was still clutched in my hands, but it was more in my lap now, lying there all innocently as if it wasn't the cause of what happened earlier. If it wasn't for it and my clumsiness, nothing would have happened and I probably would've been in the passenger seat of Harry's car right now.

Why did I have to be such a klutz and fall on top of him? How could my feelings for him have let me down like that? And why did I have to lean in to kiss him? There were so many questions, questions that could not be answered. I wanted to say that it had all been a mistake, that I accidentally leaned in a little too close to Harry's face, but who was I trying to kid anymore?

It was obvious I had feelings for him. Why else would I have kissed him in the bathroom at the party, and why else would I have gotten jealous of Tiffany? The question was how strong they actually are. My previous thoughts told me they were really strong while my brain still didn't want to believe it.

Images of him touching me in the hallways and giving me different kinds of comments suddenly filled my mind, and I immediately felt a smile form on my lips. I had never thought I would miss those times as much as I did now. That was probably the time I had started falling for him, especially considering I started getting shivers every time he would touch me.

Yeah, so maybe I did love him after all. But, love was such a strong word, and I didn't want to jump to any conclusions just yet, so I decided I would keep it buried inside me for a while. The main thing was that I had accepted my feelings for him after all the time I spent trying to deny them because of what my mum told me when I was a kid. But I had done it now when it was too late. The tables had really turned, seeing as I was now the one liking him and he was the one hating me.

"Hey, what are you doing here all alone?"

I turned around so fast my neck hurt and looked at the source of the uttered words. The guy in front of me was rather tall with blonde hair styled in a quiff and blue eyes that resembled my own a little. He had a black lip ring on his bottom lip and looked around my age, but maybe a few years younger. I immediately got up to my feet and brushed the dirt off my butt the best I could. "I um... my friend left me here... we had a bit of an argument," I explained hesitantly, scratching the back of my head.